• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

watershed

Banned
Now that's a crying shame. I mean, I'm okay with gyro stuff, but holding the DS while holding "A" to accelerate for extended periods of time seriously hurts my hand, and I'm not hardcore enough about Mario Kart to go buy a special grip just to play one game. Would it have killed them to make different control options, well, an option?

You can use Y to accelerate, its the only way I play.

watershed

Banned
Wow, Gaf community matches are competitive. I pulled back from some early sucking but still only finished 3rd. Good times BY2K.

Fuck this game is so goddam great. I've been having an excellent time in the GAF community. I just had a couple races with BY2K, but he was the only one I recognized. I wish you could have a screenname separate from your Mii's name. Regardless though, this is the best Mario Kart ever. Which I can't believe I'm saying, because after extensively playing every entry in the franchise I was convinced that this game would not even come close to taking the title of my favorite Mario Kart. But after a few short days, it is hands down the victor. So fucking addictive

And I love the GAF community. I'll try to get around to adding all the friend codes in a few days

Just played on the GAF community against just one other dude, Rusty Spoon I think. Not sure who that is but we had fun, we both tied for 1st :lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm gonna have to join the Bomb league. Hate leading races and then having shells kill me on the last few turns of the final lap.

EDIT: I don't think any one else has joined that league, blank leaderboard. doh!

Got the game on Sunday, having a blast.

My 3DS friend code:
0860 - 3250 - 9322

My Mii's name is Cameo.

I really like the music in the game. The last 3 Mario Kart games had music that I felt had a certain "Mario Kart" style, but this game doesn't have it, so it's refreshing to me in a way.

Whoever James is is a very mean person. :p At first I thought he was not very skilled because twice I send green shells behind me that he'd hit like 3 seconds later, but then he ended up beating me 3 out of 4 matches.

(It was really fun. I rarely have fun on online 1 vs 1 matches.)

maeda

Wow! Is it just me or does this game have the best IQ on the system? The aliasing is barely observable. The game runs so smoothly and 3d is totally painless and incredible! No ghosting, incredible depth. Even though 3D doesn't add much to gameplay, it truly makes the game an eye candy and playing without it doesn't feel right. I am extremely impressed by the track design and physics. Rainbow Road is all kinds of awesome, I mean a track combining the best of past Mario Karts, Mario Galaxy and even F-Zero is an instant winner in my book!

Piranha Plant course is VERY well-designed. One of my favorite Mario Kart tracks in a while.

Also, very very minor complaint: I'm a bit disappointed that there are four Wii courses in the game. They're good courses, but I've already been playing those most recently and I've had the chance to play them online. The Wii courses are the Retro courses with the least novelty to them.

Gravijah

Piranha Plant course is VERY well-designed. One of my favorite Mario Kart tracks in a while.

Also, very very minor complaint: I'm a bit disappointed that there are four Wii courses in the game. They're good courses, but I've already been playing those most recently and I've had the chance to play them online. The Wii courses are the Retro courses with the least novelty to them.

they're some of my favorite wii courses, so i'm very happy to see them. the ds selection on the other hand i'm not the biggest fan of.

mooooose

I'm happy Maple Treeway and Coconut Mall are in but otherwise yeah I agree. Those two are amazing though.

jlevel13

But these matches can be pretty fucking brutal at times

Tell me about it! Tonight was the night I felt I had really started to get the hang of this version and I was racing a lot better, problem was, as I started to do better, with better starts and more time in first place, I found myself getting smashed and destroyed so much more too... Like I suddenly lost all my luck and only horrible things happened... Racing better, but more last place finishes, instead of middle of the pack because of the extra amounts of evil things falling from the sky at once...

Gravijah

great fun andy, kak & noj! i think that's enough mk7 for me, my middle finger is starting to hurt from supporting the 3ds. lol.

N o love for Mushroom Gorge? :(
Probably my all time favorite Mario Kart track atm.
great fun andy, kak & noj! i think that's enough mk7 for me, my middle finger is starting to hurt from supporting the 3ds. lol.

I have this problem, too. My hand sort of cramps up, so I can't play more than a few races holding the 3DS normally and my index finger on R. It's so annoying.

Firo

Whoever James is is a very mean person. :p At first I thought he was not very skilled because twice I send green shells behind me that he'd hit like 3 seconds later, but then he ended up beating me 3 out of 4 matches.

(It was really fun. I rarely have fun on online 1 vs 1 matches.)

I'm James! LOL, those wins were very lucky of me. I really had fun racing with you :)

Gravijah

Not sure if anyone has noticed this (or will care), but "outsiders" can infiltrate our GAF communities by following a friend into a game.

Also, anyone else getting the repeating glitch on their in-game friend list?

are you sure? i didn't think you could follow a friend into communities. maybe pre-race?

Murrah

Banned
they're some of my favorite wii courses, so i'm very happy to see them. the ds selection on the other hand i'm not the biggest fan of.

Aside from Koopa Troopa Beach, Rainbow Road and Dinosaur Jungle or whatever that level's called I think this is worst selection of retro tracks ever

But Koopa Troopa Beach makes up for everything else

Edit: Airship fortress is awesome too

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
This dude "Marco" keeps coming into lobbies, starting the match immediately then disconnecting if he doesn't win. Annoying. Apologies if it's just a connection error - but that kinda stuff drives me crazy.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
are you sure? i didn't think you could follow a friend into communities. maybe pre-race?

Yeah, I've had some opportunities to enter some small random communities after playing worldwide with them; the type of communities that are meant to have a handful of people it looks like.

They must be in the lobby of the community though, or it won't show up on the friend list.

This dude "Marco" keeps coming into lobbies, starting the match immediately then disconnecting if he doesn't win. Annoying. Apologies if it's just a connection error - but that kinda stuff drives me crazy.
I think I saw him. I'm just glad his disconnection didn't boot us out along with him.

Also I'm gonna switch my Mii (I was MrPresidnt) since it doesn't look as much like Bill Clinton in-game due to scaling and I want to play as Koopa again.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Just want to say it isn't me, marc^o^ is also my username in Mario Kart :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

...It's a connection error, I'd never disconnect for losing. I simply enjoying playing with you guys. Sorry for the troubles I created...It's just that i encounter various connection errors (two/three) when I've just started my online session.
Then, the errors are almost unexsisten.
Sorry, guys :(

Delio

c96706b8.gif
We'll see. Moblin's gotten all godly all of a sudden, I can't

It's that damn Shy guy :/

Koodo

Banned
Do you at least win the match if the other party disconnected? Drove me up the walls in the DS version how a disconnect would just END the game without any results.

Gintoki

...It's a connection error, I'd never disconnect for losing. I simply enjoying playing with you guys. Sorry for the troubles I created...It's just that i encounter various connection errors (two/three) when I've just started my online session.
Then, the errors are almost unexsisten.
Sorry, guys :(

I also get the error quite frequently. I start the race, blasting off while the others are just not moving and bam error.

Joined up with GAF community tnite! Game is so awesome =) Quick question though? Why does my name show up as player, during online games?

Gravijah

when i go to my friends list within mk7, there are a few people that show up as Player. maybe you guys have unsupported characters?

I'm about to hop on right now, I'm sorta loving the gyro controls for some odd reason. If I lose connection its not cause I'm a sore loser, but my university's internet is sorta shoddy.

Edit: My name on there is Tom

Top Bottom