• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

diffusionx

Gold Member
I got this yesterday and think it's pretty good. The ghost data information is awesome and the community features look great.

I hate the Wii tracks though. They are way too wide. The SNES and N64 tracks look great though. Very clean.

«þ»

So I just noticed the higher VR you are, the higher cc you race in in VS Races.

I was racing in a 100cc match with lower ranked opponents and now I'm in a 150cc match with high VR opponents

GeekyDad

A little off-topic, but just a quick heads-up, my order for two copies of MK7 was cancelled from Walmart, so I went to the Best Buy site to buy there. They're running a deal for buy 2 get 1 free. I ended up getting Super Mario 3D Land as a freebie. Can't believe Wally World's out of stock, though. Crazy. I even pre-ordered.

Maxrunner

They should improve the balloon battle mode with snes style shell physics....or at least give the option to customize that stuff..

Sinthetic

Wow I really suck. Maybe I should at least play 150cc offline before going online. :lol

Keep playing mate, you will get used to the online madness. I recommend playing outside of the Community, 4 players per GP is shit. You need to get in the mix with 8 people to have a more even chance.

Did you create a Mii? The name should be your Mii's name

Yeah, I have my Mii, and he's unlocked, but I still show up as "Player". Grrr. Anyway, 3ds just died, so no Karting while at work :( boo lol Had no idea the battery life was so shitty.

And for anyone wanting to compare this to the DS version, I'd say they are very comparable, with slight changes. Mainly, snaking is gone (which I loved, sorry GAF) and the power slide mechanic doesn't feel quite right because of it. I understand why it's gone, but man, it's so frustrating to see a small corner coming, and to barely get blue sparks out of it.

What I'm hoping for, is for Nintendo to recreate all the old tracks, and put them in the store. I'd love to have all the N64 and DS tracks.

SmokyDave

Wow I really suck. Maybe I should at least play 150cc offline before going online. :lol

Yup. Between coming last half the time and getting disconnected the other half, my enjoyment of this game nosedives when I take it online.

Doesn't help that it sits there forever saying 'please wait...' after every disconnect :(

Yup. Between coming last half the time and getting disconnected the other half, my enjoyment of this game nosedives when I take it online.

Doesn't help that it sits there forever saying 'please wait...' after every disconnect :(
Most of the GAF races I was in last night started well enough, I'd usually be in the lead or at least the top 3 for the first two laps or so, but they always ended terribly. It wasn't always stuff like a blue shell, sometimes it was just me doing something dumb like running into an obstacle or falling off the track, but it lead to me getting a lot of finishes in the back of the pack. There is very little room for error in the GAF community races.

SmokyDave

Most of the GAF races I was in last night started well enough, I'd usually be in the lead or at least the top 3 for the first two laps or so, but they always ended terribly. It wasn't always stuff like a blue shell, sometimes it was just me doing something dumb like running into an obstacle or falling off the track, but it lead to me getting a lot of finishes in the back of the pack. There is very little room for error in the GAF community races.

I was just racing against general scrubs because the Euro-GAF rooms are empty and I can't find the 'proper' GAF group.

Given my performance, that's probably for the best. There was one race where even the bullet bill couldn't catch me up with the rest of the pack!

I was just racing against general scrubs because the Euro-GAF rooms are empty and I can't find the 'proper' GAF group.

Given my performance, that's probably for the best. There was one race where even the bullet bill couldn't catch me up with the rest of the pack!

The Euro group idea didn't go down too well, I created them - I think I may as well delete them actually, they're that unused.

Here's the deets for the main GAF groups (quote my post, its in the markup)

NeoGAF 150cc All Items

NeoGAF 150cc BOB-OMBS ONLY!

AusGaf Community

NeoGAF Balloon Battles

You'll have to message all these guys on here to make sure they add you back too....

Just join the community. Not worth it.

I dunno, its useful in that you can see when a bunch of people are online and even join them straight from the friends list. Its a lot of work putting them in though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
man I've been ITEM RAPED on the last damn corner of every level. from 2nd to 6th or 7th 3 in a row.

RAGE

it's good though.

dead last god damnit
I'll get my revenge

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
4th time in a row that the Neogaf community of all items have a disconnect error, very weird.
The most sad thing is in 2 of that opportunities, i was winning :(

isny

napkin dispenser
Man, going to take some time to get used to playing against others and not AI.

The Community feature is definitely a win for Nintendo though. Looking forward to playing with GAF again =D

I bought it.

The fact I lated 5 days is quite an achievement.

Did the first cup on 50cc, 3 starred it (standard)

Went online, came 4th, 4th and 1st.

I have been disconnected after races. I am really liking it so far. Need to do the cups so I can actually open up some tracks.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
4th time in a row that the Neogaf community of all items have a disconnect error, very weird.
The most sad thing is in 2 of that opportunities, i was winning :(

That was certainly a close one on one match we just had. Shame I completely messed up on RR. (;•_•)

GET ON TO COMMUNITIES GUYS!

tzare

Finally i could spend some time with my brand new 3ds and MK7.
My impressions so far :

++++++
Good 3D effect, no as impressive as Motorstorm apocalypse but really clean and crip. Such a pitty is hard to focus all the time as being a portable it is hard to hold steady. It is also a bit tiring for my eyes.

Gameplay is better than expected, more like old school MK with some recent additions that feel really great. No sneaking, great drifting and kart control.

Nice track selection. I miss some classic tracks though, it would be great that Nintendo made some DLC at some point.

Online seems solid, only a few matches so far but i did not appreciate lag. Still have to find out how friends and invites work to judge that point.

---------
Blue shells. I'm 'okay' with them but man, they can be spammed so easily that it gets really annoying. 4 times in a single 50cc CPU race.

Red shells , i like them, but i dislike that they also fly and can hit you in the air.

The water thing: it just does not feel right: maybe if there was a special item, like a diving suit, to use them as short cuts it would be nice, like the flying sectors.

I seem to be eternally trapped in the track select, DK can't stay in space forever!

Well this seems to be my first online error, I had to turn off the console itself to escape the online limbo

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
Just happened some weird bug in Mario Kart 7:
In NeoGAF community, we were 4 players and when you choose your kart, i won another part of a kart and the game keep staying in the same screen and i cannot even play it (i cannot press any button, just Home).

Weird.

Top Bottom