• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just happened some weird bug in Mario Kart 7:
In NeoGAF community, we were 4 players and when you choose your kart, i won another part of a kart and the game keep staying in the same screen and i cannot even play it (i cannot press any button, just Home).

Weird.

What's weird is that only two us went through but CPUs took over the two that dropped out.

One thing I really hate about this game is how it doesn't show you your lap times and final race time. I used to love seeing how close the margins were between myself and other racers.

Javier

I have to go somewhere from work. So when I get home in around three hours I'll be plugging this baby and playing this ALL NIGHT LONG.

Are they letting people into communities midrace now finally? I joined a GAF race and I'm now spectating two people on Koopopolis.

I was allowed to spectate a community match two days ago but never again.

It's def not happenIng for me now though :-( there are two of us waiting for more in the gaf community.

n8 and Sammy Sin!!!

Zvanr.gif

Good game y'all

I was allowed to spectate a community match two days ago but never again.

It's def not happenIng for me now though :-( there are two of us waiting for more in the gaf community.

Oh damn, the spectating thing was perfect.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta give it up for the time being, as it seems the game is well balanced so far. No real character nor kart combination have an obvious edge of another.

Besides the Shyguy master race

Jeeves

I'm racing with you guys under the name JD. It's my first time online and I'm surprised the game doesn't show people's names over their heads during the race.

edit: communication error. :/

Ugh I really need to unlock some new characters and stuff.

My current choice, Luigi, I'm absolutely horrible with. I got last place in almost every online match I've done. I guess I'm used to the drifting from Mario Kart Wii, so I keep bumping into stuff or falling.

Sinthetic

n8 and Sammy Sin!!!

Zvanr.gif

Good game y'all

Oh damn, the spectating thing was perfect.

Hahaha, excellent matches bud. I messed up at the end of Koopopolis, otherwise I'd have taken it from that pesky Shy Guy.

I was playing an online match in Koopa Cape and I had a Gold Mushroom, in the tunnel and I was blasting the L button and I actually flew out of the half pipe, seriously?! I've never seen anything like it. It was like the X Games.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey BGBW! Thanks for compiling the FC list! I was wondering if you could add mine to that list as well?
FC:2019-9764-1399

I need to get round to adding the missing names on the list. Just about to have a spot of dinner and I'll get on top of it. Also need to remember to add the names to the 3DS as well.

dani_dc

I really love the added 7 ghosts to time trial instead of the traditional one, really great feature.

With that said, I can't find any way to get/send ghosts to/from friends, is there no way to do that or does it happen automatically via spotpass?

KooPaL

I need to get round to adding the missing names on the list. Just about to have a spot of dinner and I'll get on top of it. Also need to remember to add the names to the 3DS as well.

No rush! I don't know why but I can't wait to get home after work and play more games! This is really my first real Mario Kart after the SNES days and was wondering do the character you pick alter speed and handling or are those more for the karts / wheel combination?

Damn it again error! after having a smooth 5 player match.

So whats everyones strongest track? Mine is the DK Jungle. It is also my favourite track too as I can boost drift along the way.
You guys have probably noticed a player in the community picking that level too often :p.

SNES rainbow road.

I hate this games bowsers castle though.
Really? That's one of my favorite tracks. Once I finally got down a line that I liked it just turned into pure fun for me.

What do guys think about the underwater parts? I don't think I'm a big fan of the physics there.
I like them because they are short enough to keep from being annoying and they change the pace and feel of a race on the fly. Flying is more fun but I think the underwater sections are an interesting addition.

razu

I've gone through 50cc and 100cc, all 3 stars. Just been picking my way through 150cc, it's not so straightforward. Now I'm... online!

This game is... hardcore!!

I love it. It's the meanest game of all time. Dark Souls...? Forget it. These cute little bastards would have you for breakfast.

What I really love is that Mario Circuit 2 feels like it's always been like that. I played the SNES version, to death. And this feels perfect. In fact, the whole game feels so solid and well made. I know there's a glitch on the wuhu course, but hopefully that will be patched...? Other than that, this is amazing.

10/10 from me :)

What do guys think about the underwater parts? I don't think I'm a big fan of the physics there.

I'm with you on this. Not a big fan of the underwater parts. The flying is so much more awesome. The best is throwing a Bob-Bomb or a Banana when flying. It's the first time I have the feeling I can really aim with these items. Hitting an opponent far away with a bomb while flying is so satisfying :)

I don't mind the underwater parts, maybe too many of them but unlike some review sources stated, I don't think they take away anything from the experience at all.

I thought they might really impact the game in a negative way but they don't at all for me.

Top Bottom