• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

I don't mind the underwater parts, maybe too many of them but unlike some review sources stated, I don't think they take away anything from the experience at all.

I thought they might really impact the game in a negative way but they don't at all for me.

I agree. I think it is a good change of pace when levels become too much of the same.

I wanna thank the guy at koopa city for getting the lucky 7 and hitting me with the star so I turned the tides of the match! :p
I was first under heavy fire of items then suddenly a star hit me from behind, and I got to win the match in the end as I got closer to the person in first place.

Javier

My favorite new track is probably Shy Guy Bazaar. It's a good mix of racing and obstacles and has a general nice feel to it. I also love the part with several continuous ramps. Very fun.

Sinthetic

storafötter;33264214 said:
Damn it again error! after having a smooth 5 player match.

So whats everyones strongest track? Mine is the DK Jungle. It is also my favourite track too as I can boost drift along the way.
You guys have probably noticed a player in the community picking that level too often :p.

I'm bloody awesome at:

Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road (SNES)
Koopopolis
Wario's Galleon
Shy Guy Bazaar
Luigi's Mansion
DK Jungle.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've added everyone in that FC list, but only 8 or so have added me back..

Come on, bros. 2621-2604-1677

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This game is NOTHING but fucking luck!

It can be, but there is definitely skill involved in winning consistently. The good players will five out of ten games, where bad players will win one, or two out of ten. It's a party game at heart, but skill will separate players over a long period of time.

If you're frustrated by the luck aspect, go to no item servers, or try for some really fast Ghost. I love Time Trials after too much crazy online Grand Prix.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I was about to fucking snap my 3DS in two, I swear to God.

Oh, you first? NOPE! Blue Shell, red shell, next guy hits you with a star and knocks you off the track.

Good GOD this game is good and addictive but frustrating as all hell.

Victorious DK goodness, though I can't help but feel sorry for old Shyguy n8 who got a horribly timed blue shell on Daisy Hills.
It's funny that multiplayer in this game just doesn't get me frustrated compared to single player, if the cpu dare to screw me over with a blue shell on lap three than I spit angry words of corrosive venom out of my mouth, in multiplayer I just sort of shrug it off.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Victorious DK goodness, though I can't help but feel sorry for old Shyguy n8 who got a horribly timed blue shell on Daisy Hills.
It's funny that multiplayer in this game just doesn't get me frustrated compared to single player, if the cpu dare to screw me over with a blue shell on lap three than I spit angry words of corrosive venom out of my mouth, in multiplayer I just sort of shrug it off.

Shyguy am cry. It all happened so quick. But that fall lasted forever.

you!!! YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! you make me want to throw my 3DS on the floor :-D

Got some tips? :)

no problem on the disconnect, it happens. You won anyway, and how!

Well, i personally always go for acceleration and handling, instead of speed for the karts.
Else from that, just learn the courses, shortcuts and always powerslide when you can.

daffy

Banned
Should we create a EuroGAF community?

I don't see why. Everyone can join the same original room at the same times and play 24/7.. Seems unnecessary imo.

why does it feel like the side boost pads on daisy hills are worthless? Anyone else ever feel this way? Toad bypassed me and he was driving at regular speed :/

Oh, you first? NOPE! Blue Shell, red shell, next guy hits you with a star and knocks you off the track.

I don't mind being fucked over in multiplayer/online, but I also nearly snapped my 3DS a few days ago when playing through all the cups in single player. There was one cup in particular that I had to attempt four times because I got fucked over by blue shells or other items.

People can complain all they want about the rubber banding in Mario Kart 64, but I thought that had the most fun single-player in any Mario Kart, on account of the opponents never used certain items, including red and blue shells. The rubber banding was to compensate for that, and it was a much less frustrating way of keeping races close.

It's also worth noting that Mario Kart 64 is the only Mario Kart game where you aren't required to play single-player to unlock anything, which is always a good thing in a multiplayer-orientated game.

Fortunately, the online in Mario Kart 7 is absolutely outstanding, so I'll never play single-player Grand Prix again.

I'm really happy with Mario Kart 7. It's basically Mario Kart DS, but it fixes all of it's faults (no snaking, you can hold items behind you in online, all of the tracks are playable online), and has some of the best tracks in the series (beaten only by Mario Kart 64, in my opinion).

razu

This should be on the back of the box.

I found it somehow comforting that within two corners of my first race I was swearing at these utterly bastard, squeaky-voiced, shithead characters. It was like a portal back to the SNES days.

Made a NeoGAF mirror mode community. If you want to try it out, please join

NeoGAF Mirrors (All Items)

Code shown when you quote the post

BowieZ

Banned
Come at me bros.

Size is needed.

LQUpB.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Did the code list just double in size? Well it's all updated. Thank God for the new add friend button. Working through the list slowly but I am adding everyone.

Thanks GAF for showing me the shortcut while gliding on Mario Circuit 2 (snes). I was blown away as I could never have guessed that place. Now I can catch up to some people here on that level.

Top Bottom