• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
god, this game is so beautiful. Crisp, clean graphics, really smooth and fast, and the 3D is just natural - I have it up at max and it doesn't jar at all. The best Mario Kart has ever looked.

Only downer is that it only has one save game, unlike Super Mario 3D land with the classic 3 slots. So my son started playing it and already has a bunch of cups. Think I'll start at 150cc and work down, and we'll meet somewhere in the middle.

Whats the criteria for the stars? Won a 100cc cup with straight victories, but only got one star with my cup. Do you need a certain number of coins? Hopefully it isn't up to luck, as you get pounded by blue shells when in the lead. Do they matter, or are unlocks etc only based on cups?

hatchx

Banned
Comunities suck a lot. Not being able to join games that have started is so dumb.

I've had a lot more fun in the worldwide matches. Frequently 6-8 players, tons of fun. I'm interested in communities to race with weapon variations and such.

Did you guys know this game keeps a comprehensive opponents/friends score list? I can see people in Japan I'm 3-2 against, and I can see if they are online and join them.

The community thing missed the mark a bit, but some of the other options are just too cool. I just joined a gaffer from the friend menu, instantly jumped into an 8-player race and had a great time.

Is it just me, or is the bomb only gaf community entirely empty?

Ketch

Man I keep getting smoked... some of you guys just need to slow down a bit ok? And what's with all the shells, bananas, and bombs? Seriously, I'm trying to race over here.

Please just pull over and let me win.

Glad to see some DK love, I recently switched over to Wario. Not sure if I like it though... having a hard time finding the right setup. What's everyone else using?

I just sent a crap load of PMs with my code looking for some friendship. Apologizes if we have already been friend-ed or if you got two messages today. I should have probably made a list.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
This game is fantastic, this console really exploded for me in the last week with the Marios one-two deadly combo.
And I want every 3DS online game (or every online game stat really) to have community features from now on!

it'll never happen but I wish Nintendo would put out an update next year to have an 'all items w/ blue shells' option in there.

MooMoo

Wait, can someone explain drifting to me? Is it not like MKDS where I have to wiggle left and right to charge up the speed boost?

I added the people at the end of the list. Those that I added that did not add me are Billychu, Gospel, Punisher, OneLetter, KooPaL, isny, tsab, catfish, KooPaL, BroHuffman, 01DragonFly, Kingbrave, Wizpig, and Apdiddy.

My code is 0860-3250-9322.

Thanks Chet BGBW for keeping the list up.

Now I just need to unlock more characters...

vanty

Whats the criteria for the stars? Won a 100cc cup with straight victories, but only got one star with my cup. Do you need a certain number of coins? Hopefully it isn't up to luck, as you get pounded by blue shells when in the lead. Do they matter, or are unlocks etc only based on cups?
If it's the same as MKDS (and MKWii I'm assuming) stars are purely based on combined time for the four races. So it might be 10 minutes for 1 star, 9.30 for 2 stars and 9 minutes for 3 stars for example. 3 stars is easy in 50cc because the time is very generous, but in 150cc it's much tighter and you basically need to make no mistakes and be lucky to get 3 stars.

Oli

I can't find anybody in the community, and the worldwide option won't connect me to anyone. What's going on? I know there's people playing..

Another tie for first. But this was more of a come from behind and stuff.

Good games. I do wish playing in communities would have an effect on your VR rating along with the whole point accumulation

Kingbrave

I added the people at the end of the list. Those that I added that did not add me are Billychu, Gospel, Punisher, OneLetter, KooPaL, isny, tsab, catfish, KooPaL, BroHuffman, 01DragonFly, Kingbrave, Wizpig, and Apdiddy.

My code is 0860-3250-9322.

Thanks Chet for keeping the list up.

Now I just need to unlock more characters...

I just added you.

Is there a notification anywhere of when someone adds your code? It would make things so much easier...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Lol sorry Piccolo I wanted to try the online

I knew the grand total of one track, don't even have unlocked stuff yet lol

But you're super good nontheless!

Back to the SP for me now :p

Top Bottom