• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Madao

Okay, I finally unlocked the Mii, but I'm puzzled as to how...

I had at least 1 gold star on ALL the 150cc cups, and already unlocked Mirror mode... but I never played much of the 50cc or 100cc (just the minimum to unlock 150cc, if I remember correctly -- maybe 1 cup in each).

No Mii.

I went back and got 1st in the final "new" 50cc cup.

No Mii.

Got 1st in a few random 100cc cups, then did the final 100cc retro cup (with SNES Rainbow Road). Got 3 gold stars and 1st on it -- and I got the Mii character.

i got mii while playing 50cc and i hadn't played any higher cc yet.

Good game y'all. Even if this triflin' Lakitu is telling me "Nice Try"

tumblr_l6m5uwdERD1qzd4cu.gif

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
i got mii while playing 50cc and i hadn't played any higher cc yet.

Yeah, I know -- many folks have mentioned that. I've no idea what actually unlocks it... that's what's weird. It's NOT getting 1st/gold across an entire cup, and it's NOT doing that for 50cc (which some have said).

Madao

Yeah, I know -- many folks have mentioned that. I've no idea what actually unlocks it... that's what's weird. It's NOT getting 1st/gold across an entire cup, and it's NOT doing that for 50cc (which some have said).

i was getting triple stars all the way. maybe that has something to do.

I really prefer World Wide. I can just hop on for a race, or two and then leave. And it tends to play with a full lobby almost all the time.
Yeah, it seems they improved the Worldwide matchmaking system; literally every time I've hopped on I've been in a race with at least 6 racers, which is great.

Now if only they could fix the glitches and snaking...

Codeblue

Man, I'd hold first for like a minute then something would hit me and then N8, Bowiez, and Rezbit would somehow get half the course ahead. Great matches though.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
8 player GAF is the most challenging mode.
I also like how the item boxes linger due to lag or what have you, and everyone has an item at the start even though there was only 4 boxes.

Phew that will do. I'll go out a WINNER! *also my thumb may be unable to hold the A button any longer

Try using the Y button, it's a bit better for me.

Rezbit

I got the Mii by playing through 50cc and getting gold stars on each cup.

Man, I'd hold first for like a minute then something would hit me and then N8, Bowiez, and Rezbit would somehow get half the course ahead. Great matches though.

Yeah, I seem to have a reasonable combo going. Quite high top speed and acceleration and good handling. Also try to take the little boosts off the jumps and try and get at least blue sparks around most corners.

8 player GAF is the most challenging mode.
I also like how the item boxes linger due to lag or what have you, and everyone has an item at the start even though there was only 4 boxes.

Try using the Y button, it's a bit better for me.

Were you the n8 playing before? Nice driving! Will try Y next time, thumb might sit a bit more naturally there.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Has to be 50CC I think. Or 100cc.

No, that's not true either, as I just unlocked the Mii without completing EITHER the 50 or 100 cc cups.

Mii unlocking is not dependent on "completing" an entire engine class. I don't care what folks on Gamefaqs think -- people are working on false assumptions.

All I know is that I :

1) Completed all of 150cc in 1st, with at least 1 gold star
2) Did a few random cups of 50cc and 100cc with gold stars, including 50cc Lightning (but NOT Special)
3) Got a 1st place gold star on 100cc Special. Still nothing.
4) Got a 1st place gold on 100cc Lightning -- Mii unlocks.

My 50 and 100 cc cups are still mostly unfinished (as in I've never raced in more than half of them).

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'm playing WW matches right now, and I'm fairing really well. In one race, I was actually grateful for a lightning strike. I was in 1st a blue shell was upon me. As soon as it hit me, someone used lightning causing everyone to spin out. I didn't lose my spot and won a few seconds ahead of 2nd place.

01DragonFly

Added everyone in the list (<.< I wanna kill the one that thought that 12 digit FC was a good idea )

Thanks for adding me :
Whywouldyoudothat?, Incimatemaybe,King_moc, len1978,Doctor West

5 people of 80 not bad lol

Korosenai

Hey BGBW, could you add me to the list please?

NubInaTub 5155 3032 4812

I'll try to get as many people as I can, already got a few.

Boogiepop

God damn, Mirror Mode Special cup items are dicking me... just soo hard. And Rosalina's Ice World is goddamn evil when you aren't in a heavy cart... just people shoving you into pits nonstop. I swear, I do great on the DK, and then everything decides to turn against me horribly.

God damn, Mirror Mode Special cup items are dicking me... just soo hard. And Rosalina's Ice World is goddamn evil when you aren't in a heavy cart... just people shoving you into pits nonstop. I swear, I do great on the DK, and then everything decides to turn against me horribly.

Yeah, getting 1st on this cup was a real bitch

Did you know that in the Music stage and the
SNES
Rainbow Road you can do tricks as the music notes and Thwomps land on the ground and shake it? I like getting extra boosts that way.

hold gas once the 2 starts to disappear.

It's a little earlier than that now. You can hold gas as the 2 appears.

(I used to do it differently in older Mario Karts - hold the gas, then tap the gas alot when the timer reaches Go.)

Top Bottom