• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how is mirror mode unlocked? I'm leaving 100cc to my gf.... she takes ages.

I'll chill in the lobby for a bit if you want to race, but I think you're already in a group.

Ah well.

Edit:

catfish said:
how is mirror mode unlocked? I'm leaving 100cc to my gf.... she takes ages.
I think you just need to get first on every cup in 150cc.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Will or can there be tracks released for this game as DLC?, loving the game but wish there was more retro tracks, I really want Ghost Valley 2 & Bowser Castle 3 from the SNES Mario Kart.

I want more Mario Kart but I can't play at the moment. I see there's a league happening on Gamebattles. Might have to sign up and get in on the 1 v 1 action.

Dr Prob

Banned
Sorry dudes, battery died. At least now I know how much time you have from flashing red light to shutdown: Exactly the amount of time it takes to get in first.

man, I had forgotten how 150cc can be brutal at times. So to get gold stars what do i have to do exactly? I cleared the Star Cup at 1rst place but no stars :(

Mistle

I just closed my 3ds during online cart selection (wasnt even thinking) then when i reopened it, i had wheels on the car but no body! lol
It defaulted go some green one though when the race started.

Also, the music stops working sometimes when i close the 3ds and reopen it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Anasui: Just try to race as well as possible. Take all the shortcuts you can in tracks. Get a lead. Try to separate yourself from the rest of the pack. Block red shells coming in from behind. Grab coins to build up your top speed to help shave a few seconds off your time. If you can figure out how to dodge blue shells (I still haven't), do that too.

Basically, just finish the races as quickly as possible and dominate as much as possible.

To be honest I am absolutely terrible at Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road in the special cup. I was only able to 3 star 50cc special cup yesterday (4th attempt at it)

I'm pretty sure the # of stars you get are based off of your total race time for the cup you're in. 3 stars is below Time A., 2 stars between Time A and Time B, and 1 star between time B and time C. Times higher than C don't get stars (or maybe you always get 1 star, I don't know)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So to get gold stars what do i have to do exactly? I cleared the Star Cup at 1rst place but no stars :(
Ehx2W.png

GaimeGuy

Is there a broken stage? Someone won the race by a lap wtf.

Wuhu Mountain Loop has a re-spawn glitch for one of the pits where you'll respawn on the other side of the mountain. Since it's a 3 stage race rather than a 3-lap race, you can skip almost the whole track.

GaimeGuy

thanks mate. I'm terrible at Bowser's Castle too and let's not even start about the Melody Motorway...so collecting coins is not a requisite?

I don't think so, but collecting coins helps since it boosts your top speed. that said, there are some areas of tracks where the path splits and the longer path has coins. I wouldn't go out of my way to get coins by taking the longer path. Focus on the best path around the track and collect the coins along hte way rather than coin hunting for the sake of it. Coins help your speed but not enough to shave off the time spent taking the longer way around the track

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I figured the amount of stars was based on the amount of points you have at the end.

3 Stars = 40pts
2 Stars = 38pts
1 Stars = 36pts

Anything less than 36 points = no stars. That's been my experience so far.

GaimeGuy

Fuzzy: I went over this a few pages ago. It's not. I got 38 points once and 3 stars. It is almost certainly based off of your total time for the 4 races. The reason why everyone thinks it's based off of points and coins is because those indicate you raced well more often than not. Especially coins. It means you didn't get raped by projectiles all the time :p

But I've gotten hit by like 3 projectiles before the line and ended up in 2nd place on 1 track. Didn't prevent me from getting 3 stars though

For reference I dominated the othe 3 tracks of the GP and finished way out ahead.

I played through all of the 50 cc races last night to 3 star all of them and it was incredibly painful. I felt like I was driving in mud the entire time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pretty sure I've received a 3 stars rating without getting 10 coins on every level, mostly because I'm hit on the last stretch so I have no opportunity to top up.

You don't even have to be in first for most of the race as I once assumed, but I'm guessing you want to stay in the top four.

The only certainty is getting 40 points at the end, but even that can lead to just a two star rating.
EDIT: or maybe not. Guess it really is a mystery.
uMneq.gif

Pretty sure I've received a 3 stars rating without getting 10 coins on every level, mostly because I'm hit on the last stretch so I have no opportunity to top up.

You don't even have to be in first for most of the race as I once assumed, but I'm guessing you want to stay in the top four.

The only certainty is getting 40 points at the end, but even that can lead to just a two star rating.

I think it the time you spent makes the most difference, and maybe also avoiding to fall in the pits too much as I have noticed that when I have been on last place and far behind and then gotten first place I have only gotten 2 stars.

lowrider007

I played through all of the 50 cc races last night to 3 star all of them and it was incredibly painful. I felt like I was driving in mud the entire time.

I did those first otherwise I can never go back to them after 150cc, I haven't played a Mario kart game in some time so it didn't feel to bad, now onto the 100cc!

I did those first otherwise I can never go back to them after 150cc, I haven't played a Mario kart game in some time so it didn't feel to bad, now onto the 100cc!
After I finished all eight cups I went straight back to 150cc and it was like someone hit the fast forward button. I definitely don't understand the complaint that the game is too slow, it feels just right in 150cc and even a little fast coming from the lower classes.

StayDead

Still waiting for my copy to show up. This is so annoying, every other game just feels so boring when you really want to play something else.

Yeah, it's always pretty tiring that you have to do all the singleplayer stuff to unlock everything (and get those stars). I wish they would just let you unlock everything with the coins or just gave you everything when you managed to beat 150cc.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, it's always pretty tiring that you have to do all the singleplayer stuff to unlock everything (and get those stars). I wish they would just let you unlock everything with the coins or just gave you everything when you managed to beat 150cc.

Well all the characters bar one in unlocked playing 150cc. The 1 star reward isn't that great and I doubt you get anything for three stars.

lowrider007

That part actually appeals to me the most as I'm not really into the MP, adds a lot of reply value for me, I love working my way through from 50cc to 150cc trying to 3 star everything and unlocking stuff.

Top Bottom