• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Wow. I was a total and complete bastard in Kalamari Desert.

Edit: sorry 'bout starring you when you were in third, boney... hehe

Everytime I thought I was going to get the upper hand, my world fell apart. Good game!

I need to start paying attention to the bottom screen.

I get hit by all star wielding maniacs!

Good fun though.

It's really important to be able to multitask between the screens and controls.

Boney

Banned
I need to start paying attention to the bottom screen.

I get hit by all star wielding maniacs!

Good fun though.

Can somebody explain to me how the character classes effect kart stats? For example, I noticed that Rosalina and Metal Mario had different stats even when in a kart with the same body and wheels, even though I am pretty sure they are both in the heavy weight class.

I may or may not have been drunk when I made that observation, but I'm pretty sure I saw it.

Also I'm having just a damn hard time in general figuring out a good kart configuration. In a lot of my online games I'll drive really well, slide and boost around all the curves, etc.etc. but will still trail far behind the fact. I'm suspecting having a bad kart build is part of the problem

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Im on as colingt255 (150 all items community). Looking for Gaffers to join!

Edit: Of course my first online race ends with me slip on a bannana right before the finish line.....

I wont join for a while, MUST GET BETTER AT IT!

soo i unlocked my first character
yes_jack_nicholson.gif

and it's the motherfucking Queen Bee
83070246-cry-gif-.gif

Huff

Banned
Sorry to anyone I was playing with. 3DS battery died.

I still wonder if that cancels the series of games for the others.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Sorry to anyone I was playing with. 3DS battery died.

I still wonder if that cancels the series of games for the others.

It doesn't, we kept on playing.

I won. :)

Come join us again if you want! You pretty much dominated the last round of 4 and I want pay back! :p

Edit: Only complaint I have so far is that the first place rider on the third lap gets hit by a Blue Shell at least 50% of the time (from my online experiences so far). The community feature is awesome though!

Edit 2: Sorry, have to head out for awhile. I should be on again later tonight. Hopefully more people will be playing. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got my first streetpass in MK today. Unfortunately the guy clearly just got the game since he only had 27 coins and the default kart. So while I faced a super easy custom Grand Prix he probably got completely thrashed by my AI doppelganger.

Wizpig

I noticed the small boost each coin gives, but if it's official that is also affects top speed all the better, hooray for more balance and chances for the player in first position.

Someone, edit Wikipedia en!
Returning features include coins from Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart: Super Circuit which, instead of increasing a player's speed and defense, are the key to winning new parts for your kart's customization, and the trick system from Mario Kart Wii returns, which lets players earn boost by performing tricks in the air.[8]

Finally managed to make it through a GP with some Gaffers! I think I have my router settings where they need to be finally. I don't know what was going on in that last race on Mario Circuit. Both Boney and Dange were behind me and I finished in 3rd. lol Fun times.

RagnarokX

Thanks whoever hit me after I got hit by that pinball. You gave me the push I needed to get back up to full speed instantly and keep first place :p

Thanks whoever hit me after I got hit by that pinball. You gave me the push I needed to get back up to full speed instantly and keep first place :p
That was me! I had the Lucky 7 item, and I was hoping it'd hit you with a shell, but it gave you a mushroom. I would've won the race was it not for that.

Oli

I can't seem to join many races at all. In Worldwide it just says searching for players for a long time, then has a communication error. In communities it puts me in a group alone and I just wait forever. Occasionally I've gotten one or two people that way.

It's feels so fucking good being in the middle of the pack and having everybody hit me with their shit from both sides. Then, when I'm in dead last all I get are the useless triple mushrooms. Meanwhile in the first two laps, everybody in the back got constant stars and bullet bills. It's so bad that it's almost funny. Almost.

Codeblue

It's feels so fucking good being in the middle of the pack and having everybody hit me with their shit from both sides. Then, when I'm in dead last all I get are the useless triple mushrooms. Meanwhile in the first two laps, everybody in the back got constant stars and bullet bills. It's so bad that it's almost funny. Almost.
Yeah, the middle of the pack is brutal.

dwu8991

Banned
I can't seem to join many races at all. In Worldwide it just says searching for players for a long time, then has a communication error. In communities it puts me in a group alone and I just wait forever. Occasionally I've gotten one or two people that way.

Dosen't take long in WW races!

jlevel13

I had this exact problem at first too - had to put my 3DS into DMZ and since then it has mostly been good (other than the occassional lost connection).

n8

Unconfirmed Member
LOL!
I got bumped over the fence on Kalimari Desert, so I was on the side with the train tracks (this is near the end of the lap). I can't leave going forward, even though whatever side I'm on is backwards (cloud man says turn around). I went and continued my shameful drive til' online booted me.

Bowser is too big of a target :(

I almost was to compliment the game for not giving me any errors, and yet it happened during a match where I had 3 wins. So frustrating, but I do think the points are being considered even if you log out and dont finish a tournament as I have not build up points from just smooth matches.

Top Bottom