• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

OMG Aero

Well that was a ton of fun guys but I've been playing Mario Kart for just about 4 hours now so I should probably stop and go to bed.

I got second, so that'll have to be good enough for my last race. No way I'm beating carL tonight.

GG, everyone. I better take off or my right shoulder button is going to permanently embed in my finger.

This game is so goddam excellent, and if even four or five other games of this caliber come out on the 3DS it will cement itself (to me, at least) as one of the best gaming systems. The online is so addictive, and the GAF community is an absolute blast to play with

<3 you Mario Kart GAFers!

Gravijah

i like seeing all the japanese players with random english words as their names. it's like the reverse of english speaking forums.

fse

Kinda ho hum on the game. Needs way more tracks IMO. Plus the game feel slow even at higher difficulties. Would be great to be able to pick regional instead of worldwide on the online options too. :/

This game needs a community thread, like nine tenths of the discussion is just multiplayer chat.

Picked it up this morning and played a few hours of it today, and it's really fun. It's pretty much just Mario Kart, but all of the new courses are really good (though Waluigi Pinball is still my favorite at the moment) and the kart customization is pretty cool.

I played online for a couple hours. First I just did some random matches and it was a joke, I came in first every time and it felt like playing against the 50CC AI. Then I went into the GAF All Items community and got my ass handed to me. Basically came in around the middle of the pack consistently.

The 3D is the best I've seen so far by a pretty wide margin. People talk about 3D Land like the 3D is amazing, and it looked pretty good, but I still got a ton of crosstalk while playing it. In MK I literally can't even make myself see any crosstalk, ever. Hopefully this means that they can fix that on the software side, because I remember reading about how it was mostly things with contrasting colors that caused crosstalk. It makes the game look really smooth.

When you're getting coins to unlock stuff, does the game count every coin you pick up, or just the ones you have when you finish a race? It's going to take a while to get everything if I can only get 10 coins per race.

Delio

I really wish the character screen displayed each individual character's stats instead of only the character stats combined with the current cart build. I'm trying to find a combination I like right now.

Metal Mario + Zucchini + Slick Wheels + Flower Glider is fast, but better have every damn turn planned out perfectly ahead of time, as turning on a dime is a disaster.

I've tried Koopa Troopa + B Dasher + Slim Wheels + Flower Glider today and really liked it so far. Decent speed and I can turn very well on a dime.

I've been using Lakitu + Soda Jet + Roller wheels + Swooper glider. Sadly I see this combo wayyyy to often.

Boken

Banned
NeoGAF 150cc All Items

NeoGAF 150cc BOB-OMBS ONLY!

NeoGAF Mirror Mode All Items

AusGaf Community

NeoGAF Balloon Battles

CODES HIDDEN IN EMAIL TAGS
TO VIEW CODES, QUOTE THIS POST

I assume most people would use 150cc all items.

isny

napkin dispenser
When you're getting coins to unlock stuff, does the game count every coin you pick up, or just the ones you have when you finish a race? It's going to take a while to get everything if I can only get 10 coins per race.

Pretty sure it's every coin you pick up.

Where is that list of gaf users?

At last I have some time to add everyone

First page has the link to the FC list.

suck it up chump

BhrcF.jpg

It's not open for me and I've golded all cups on 150cc. Not mirror though...

I have over 500 coins.

I just unlocked it, you just have to get first place in every cup on one speed level, getting at least one star on each cup. I just did it on 150cc, so you should have it, might want to go back and make sure you got first place on all eight cups.

Boken

Banned
NeoGAF 150cc All Items

AusGaf Community

NeoGAF Balloon Battles

I will cut somebody

Blablurn

NeoGAF 150cc All Items

AusGaf Community

NeoGAF Balloon Battles

I will cut somebody

THANK YOU! *saves post*

Dr Prob

Banned
I'm going to eat some cereal. And perhaps toast.

These foods will power me to victory today, I'm sure of it. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

Top Bottom