• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

zoukka

I just unlocked it, you just have to get first place in every cup on one speed level, getting at least one star on each cup. I just did it on 150cc, so you should have it, might want to go back and make sure you got first place on all eight cups.

I think I'm missing a star from flower cup. How do you get the stars?

150 cc is too fast for me in this game. I'm still working my way through the 100cc races, but I'll join you guys if I feel the urge. Look for me - Beefy Hits

«þ»

Didn't unlock for me when I finished all 8 cups on 150cc. Had to finish them on 50cc for Mii to unlock. That was some serious bullshit...sooooo slow.

Actually you could have just done one more 150cc cup after finishing the initial 8 and the Mii would've unlocked.

Well, seems Worldwide races have finally reached the point of being unplayable. Last night I was in a game with a total of 4 glitchers all spamming Wuhu Moutain Loop, each one of them was from Japan and using Metal Mario. We only started off with one and then more kept joining after each race.

Also I swear this game has something against me, 1200 coins in and I've still not unlocked a single part that I actually want to use - in fact I've not even unlocked any tyres since about 200 coins in.

Razorskin

----- ------
Also I swear this game has something against me, 1200 coins in and I've still not unlocked a single part that I actually want to use - in fact I've not even unlocked any tyres since about 200 coins in.

Spoiler regarding unlocks
Next two unlockables you're getting will be tires. (1,400 & 1,600 coins for each)

Gravijah

Well, seems Worldwide races have finally reached the point of being unplayable. Last night I was in a game with a total of 4 glitchers all spamming Wuhu Moutain Loop, each one of them was from Japan and using Metal Mario. We only started off with one and then more kept joining after each race.

mountain loop is the stage with the glitched shortcut, isn't it?

Berordn

Spoiler regarding unlocks
Next two unlockables you're getting will be tires. (1,400 & 1,600 coins for each)

It's actually random for everyone, though at the rate he's going he probably will get some tires soon.

That wasn't the case for me. I've never played on anything below 150.

I had to do 50cc to get the Mii also, but if the Prima Guide is correct then you actually only have to complete Special and Lightning Cup in a class. I'm not going to go back and check, but I guess if I beat one of the last cups a second time, I would've had my mii without having to do a completely different class.
why do they make guides for kart racers anyway

Damn, that was a disaster. :(

Mario Kart Channel > click on your Mii picture on the bottom right.

Also, why do I keep getting errors when trying to play online now? I've been trying to get into a game for the past hour to no avail -________-

I was getting that too. Try now!

Berordn

Being in first throughout the race and avoiding projectiles seems to be the majority of it, at least. I've been working on 3 stars in every cup during my down time and it's fairly consistent when I'm ahead of the pack the whole time.

The way that Peach is congratulating the (male) winner, Mario, is also a tad unnerving and suggest some sort of underlying male superiority as there are no other males around congratulating Mario - toad and koopas don't count because they're asexual beings, neither male nor female at a glance.

Because Peach being pictured with Mario is unique to this artwork, of course.

How lucky we are to have you pointing out the evils of Peach being depicted with Mario in artwork.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Anyone up for playing? I'm sitting In a lobby by myself :/

Btw Worldwide was really glitching out on me today. Besides from the usual wuhu mountain trick, people that I would pass still somehow finished in front of me. Twice I finished first but they counted me as second....

Weird.

Edit: nm girlfriend woke up. I'll play you guys either tonight or tommorrow. :)

qq more

Posted this in the fortune thread, but it's relevant here as well:

The way that Peach is congratulating the (male) winner, Mario, is also a tad unnerving and suggest some sort of underlying male superiority as there are no other males around congratulating Mario - toad and koopas don't count because they're asexual beings, neither male nor female at a glance.

The alternative OT banner is just disgusting and belong on IGN boards rather than on NeoGAF.

OH GOD. YOU'RE RIGHT!

ONLY PEACH AND MARIO IN THE SAME PICTURE?!?!?! HOW FUCKING SEXIST CAN YOU BE CHET?! IM REPORTING YOU TO THE INTERNET POLICE AND TELLING NINTENDO ON YOU. YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR!!!

lol

Dr Prob

Banned
I'm still not sure if anyone knows how you get stars.

It truly remains one of our greatest mysteries.

Think the formula for three stars is something like this:

+ Time spent in first, 40 points (though some claim to have gotten 3 stars even with a second place finish in 1/4 races)

- Time spent going offroad (even though some shortcuts require you to do so, it's better to just stay on the track), out of bounds (lakitu'd) or hitting obstacles/walls

I don't think items or coins figures into it, but who knows. Just try to have a clean run and watch out for that asshole Wario throwing a bunch of shit at you, then knocking you off the last turn of Rainbow Road after you've been blue shelled-RUINING MINUTES OF HARD WORK...because I've heard that can happen.

So far the new tracks seem really good. I'm really digging the Wuhu Island courses a lot. I wish they had more like this that were in sections, rather than laps. I also really love that Piranha Plant course.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Triple Stars don't seem nearly as tough to achieve as Mario Kart Wii. Wii was brutal; one off course, a couple of wall bumps, or a few too many hits from an item and it was over and you had to restart.

Mario Kart 7 seems much more forgivable. I've had a couple of very close races where I only took the lead in the last 5 seconds, but managed to pull out a triple star in the end.

Yup, and from what I've seen it's pathetically easy to do.

SNES Rainbow Road is on it's second retro cup outing, it was in Super Circuit as well.

Super Circuit doesn't count as it had every SNES track. :p

I'm just having a look at how the GC tracks match up to their MK 7 outing, they're similar to the cut down version you get in splitscreen mode, but there's a few differences here and there.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
The new Rainbow Road is so sweet. I love how some courses count sections instead of laps.

wuhu anything is the freaking best. I like the way the shortcuts aren't really short cuts, just 'other ways' unless you play it really well.

Berordn

not counting the snes courses in super circuit, have any mario kart retro courses been in more than 2 games?

No, and they still have a lot of courses to go before they run out from any game, though I doubt they'll want to go through the whole SNES tracklist, and a few N64 tracks ought to be completely reworked if they bring them over.

Wizpig

Right, my internet died in the middle of the second race.
Thanks for the games Dash and the others.
Who won in the end? i don't remember nicknames, but other than Dash there was a DK player and a Shy Guy player.

*sigh* i was off to a good start too.
Damn it Internet, the first time i get a dc in the game and it's not even the game's fault!

(I hope the game doesn't have a dc %)

Btw Super Circuit is criminally underrated imo.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Lobby open with 4 players!! Come join us and help take down Dr Prob :p

Edit: of course we get a sizable match and now stuck on please wait..... Stupid MK7 servers!

Nm full room eight players! Let's rock this!

Lmao green turtled two people while gliding on last lap :p

Top Bottom