• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

trixx

This game is unplayable in half joy-con mode. My right hand hurts, if you don't have a comfort grip this is rough to play

This game is unplayable in half joy-con mode. My right hand hurts, if you don't have a comfort grip this is rough to play
It's not that bad, but I think it's best to use auto-accelerate when using one joy-con that way you don't have to mash the accelerate button all game.

Having played the Wii U version a long time ago (beat all the cups, but got tired of it not long after that), I think that I'm enjoying this version a lot more simply because of being able to have two items.

Yes it can cause a lot of chaos, but I feel like I'm not as helpless when I'm in first place anymore. It's not as devastating when I finally get to an item pickup and I get a coin instead of something like a banana or shell to block red shells.

Bio-Frost

So i guess one person cant play while docked and do local wireless with someone else. Just gives me connection errors. Such a weird limitation.

Edit: switch locked up after, reset seems to fix the issie

Blues1990

I'm about half-way done with getting 3-Stars for the cups (currently completing the 200 CC cups), but I want to know what you unlock after beating said cups on 200 CC? I know you get Gold Mario for beating all the time trials, and I got the Gold Standard Kart unlocked.

Any other unlockables?

So i guess one person cant play while docked and do local wireless with someone else. Just gives me connection errors. Such a weird limitation.
I'll have to try playing handheld with my friend.

If it's really the dock I hate this stupid thing. I wonder if getting an extra USB c cable and leaving it out of the dock would work better

150cc 3-star in the Special Cup is still driving me BONKERS thanks to Rainbow Road and getting bombarded on the home stretch.. Anyone else struggling with this?

Why do I randomly get items when I dont have a box? I mean I dont mind but sometimes I get a single box, I use the item and then theres another item.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I'm about half-way done with getting 3-Stars for the cups (currently completing the 200 CC cups), but I want to know what you unlock after beating said cups on 200 CC? I know you get Gold Mario for beating all the time trials, and I got the Gold Standard Kart unlocked.

Any other unlockables?

Gold Mario: Get a gold trophy on all cups in 200cc
Gold Standard: Get at least a 1-star rating on all cups in Mirror
Gold Tires: Defeat all staff ghosts in 150cc Time Trials
Gold Glider: Collect 5,000 (?) coins

Not 100% certain on the Gold Glider requirements.

Tubie

This fucking game man.

You think you're about to win your first online race ever and then shit brings you down to 8th on the last half of the last lap.

Bio-Frost

I'll have to try playing handheld with my friend.

If it's really the dock I hate this stupid thing. I wonder if getting an extra USB c cable and leaving it out of the dock would work better
Might of just been my switch it seems. Soon after it locked up completely. Seems to work now :)

Blues1990

Gold Mario: Get a gold trophy on all cups in 200cc
Gold Standard: Get at least a 1-star rating on all cups in Mirror
Gold Tires: Defeat all staff ghosts in 150cc Time Trials
Gold Glider: Collect 5,000 (?) coins

Not 100% certain on the Gold Glider requirements.

Cool, thank you for letting me know.

I'm having a blast with the game, despite picking it up for the Wii U three years ago.

A friend just came in and was hyped to play so we did one Grand Prix each with one joycon. Eh. It started out awful, but got a bit better. The main issue is that my thumb hurts from just 4 races and it's just really uncomfortable to hold. And the right and left buttons on top are extremely unresponsive which is kind of an issue considering how important they are.

Towards the end I was playing at probably 85% my usual level, but a long play session would be near impossible. I wish I had some money to blow on a Pro controller. Someday...

Rixxan

Yeah I dunno - this game is bad for my health

Just feel like too much of my success is not quite in my control - anger creeps up more than I'd like it - getting chain shelled out of first race after race gets old quickly

Shame because at its core it's a great fucking game

Top Bottom