• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Neoxon

About that lightning bolt...

148109-Starlord-youre-welcome-gif-Img-WVCM.gif

Its dependent on what place you are currently in. If you are constantly in 1-3 your only gonna get shitty items. Go back in 8th place and boom, you get a bullet bill. Only other item you get in or near first is the horn and thats pretty rare

I seem to get the horn on a fairly regular basis while in 1-2 place. But it's definitely a bit more rare than coins, bananas, and green shells though.

Unicorn

What the fuck. Like, what the fuck item spinner. You used to be able to hit a button and stop it. Now sometimes it spins for a long ass time and sometimes it will spin quickly to an item. Wtf is going on under the hood?

Is there some trick to shrugging off shells? It feels like sometime when I hit somebody with a shell they'll flip over and then just keep going at the same speed like it didn't even affect them that much.

Is there some trick to shrugging off shells? It feels like sometime when I hit somebody with a shell they'll flip over and then just keep going at the same speed like it didn't even affect them that much.

Online it looks like the spin out animation still plays even if the person you hit was dragging an item behind them.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
What the fuck. Like, what the fuck item spinner. You used to be able to hit a button and stop it. Now sometimes it spins for a long ass time and sometimes it will spin quickly to an item. Wtf is going on under the hood?
I assume this happens on poor connections to save data. I notice sometimes the game doesn't update item boxes being taken as well, and the boxes stay on the track even if someone drives through them.

Wireless connection on this console almost makes this game unplayable. Literally just trying to do wireless play with my roommate's Switch but it doesn't work

Maxrunner

Wireless connection on this console almost makes this game unplayable. Literally just trying to do wireless play with my roommate's Switch but it doesn't work
Completely inverse to me. Its been working pretty flawlessly. Still battle mode is good I just wished the red shells would work more like the SNES ones where it immediately searches for anyone instead of going straight first.

Someone had a good post a few pages back about 2.4 GHz and wifi interference, worth looking for to see if it fills any holes for you.

McBryBry

My pro controller is acting up again. Me and my girlfriend are trying to do two player local, me with two joycons and her with the pro. It randomly decides when to detect A, will detect way more direction presses than actually pressed, drifts too long and won't throw items. HELP

Ok so my first couple of rounds on the GAF tournament (150). Who is that damn princess (Hewt?), she needs to give me driving lessons.

Can somebody explain time trial strats to me?

I had some trouble beating the ghost on one of the tracks, so I started loading the best ghosts and noticed they almost never use jump boosts or spin turbos. They also avoid air travel as much as possible.

Is it actually slower to use jump boosts/spin turbos or am I missing something here?

Blarg

Neo Member
Hm I can't seem to get into this game. The content is great but the gameplay isn't fun. So many items flying around and mayhem, it's hard to enjoy the actual racing. Granted I haven't played a Mario Kart game since 64 but I don't remember it being this bad.

taoofjord

This game I see soooo good. Can't believe my wife has even gotten into this. Somehow, between this and Puyo Puyo tetris, I've finally gotten her to play games with me. :)

Top Bottom