• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why am I in this thread, I can't get a Switch until the fall. :( the game looks just awesome. You guys racing in 200 cc exclusively?

Most of the GAF action happens in 150. 200 is just a bit too fast, the tracks generally aren't made to flow smoothly at that speed. Lots of braking.

But... Y is the far better way to accelerate :( lol j/k. Kinda. I do prefer Y for the gas, though.

Holy shit! Thank you so much!

I've got limited movement with my right thumb, and as a result of correcting my grip for this my hand would fall asleep in under 30 min playing in handheld mode.

I learned to use auto-accelerate today, which helped a lot. But I like to let go of the gas instead of braking.

Pressing Y might be just the thing I needed! :-D

(I've also spent countless hours with the Wii U version and not known this. But I've not had an issue with the Pro controller.)

salt shaker on
Is the flower the worst item in the game, by a fucking long shot? I hate that thing so freaking much. When another player has it there's no way past them, the thing is going to get your ass even though you're a mile away. Then I have it and I can't count the times I've been locked out of the second item that I'm holding and could use but fucking can't because my flower decides to keep biting air ineffectually. Doesn't matter if it's a red shell that I could block with an item I have waiting or if it's a short cut that I can't use even though I have three mushrooms waiting. It's shit when your opponent has it, and it's even shittier shit when you have it. Shit.
salt shaker off

Neoxon

Roo was nice enough to add the 200cc & 150cc Frantic lobbies that I created last week to the OP. Check them out if you want to experience the insanity.

Roo was nice enough to add the 200cc & 150cc Frantic lobbies that I created last week to the OP. Check them out if you want to experience the insanity.
What no Deluxe's normal already makes me want to throw this system in the trash.

Frantic would probably make me actually do it.

Having Dry Bones back feels so nice. Metal Mario was okay for a few games as a temporary replacement, but it's nice to have the real MVP character return.

Also I'm extremely rusty at this game.

WarAdept

KING BOWSER AND HIS BUGGY ARE COMING TO ROCK EVERYONE'S WORLD

I also am good at hitting myself with my own green shells

Lren

Getting the bomb-omb mode in a Battle playlist be like:
giphy.gif

bonesquad

Agreed. Why do I play in the GAF room? Do I like always fighting for 11th place?

The game must not want me to get a lightning bolt. I've played about 75 games online without a lightning bolt. Until just now. Except right before I could trigger it, Connection error. Grrr.

Did they tweak item distribution? I don't ever remember getting bombs in first place, there seems to be way less coin drops, and horns seem to be more common in first from what I've seen.

Vicious

Playing with GAF is just brutal. I can make it to like 3rd for a moment during a race, but it's all just a tease.

Still fun, though.

Oh my gosh. Finally played through all seasons of the Animal Crossing track. Where the heck is my Animal Crossing HD?!? I just wanted to stop and look at all the villagers and shops!

ColdPizza

Banned
Is there a way to recover super fast from a shell hit? I see my red shells hitting people but they get right back up to speed like nothing happened.

Veldin

Is there a way to recover super fast from a shell hit? I see my red shells hitting people but they get right back up to speed like nothing happened.

When playing online the game doesn't show when someone blocks a shell with their own item. If they keep moving, it generally means they didn't get hit.

Rixxan

Sigh, dominate all four races in Grand Prix and then get shelled an inch from the finish line for three stars

This game gives me a fucking ulcer

Controls are fine with dual joycons, but having trouble with split joycons, the grip attachment is too mushy, won't depress enough to register my quick taps or even some of my long presses...

Any solutions to fix the included grips or should I grab some 3rd party grips?

Top Bottom