• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Not gonna lie, I was rolling in my bed laughing when I beat you on the finish line in Wario Stadium, TheGoreMagala.

Edit: Why am I not asleep yet

Haha XD I'm glad I can cause such memorable moments

Holy shit that bob-omb on the fricken jump destroyed me!!

Good times! :-D

Thank you XD I do my best to use my items in the most unexpected but most rewarding places that cause people to drop their jaws in awe

Just one more... Just one more...

Rapid load times make this that much more addictive

Edit: haha, you're forgiven! Accurate and efficient. Terrifying

Haha, so I've been told, you better watch out ;) I don't use the trickster Boo for no reason

molnizzle

Alright. I think I've reached the online Mario Kart rage limit.

Onto other games that don't make me want to physically assault the designers.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I don't suppose anyone has any further advice regarding Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the internet... other than buy a wired connection dongle?

I've tried the following:
Connecting to both 5ghz and 2.xghz, tried varying channels for them both.
changed the DNS, checked the firmware on my router (all updated)

i've done everything on this list.. even down to moving my router onto the floor in the middle of the room.. and sitting with the Switch right next to it...

i have no issues with Fast RMX, it just seems Mario Kart wants to disconnect me every 30 seconds - 1.5 minutes.
:(

Firebrand

I don't suppose anyone has any further advice regarding Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the internet... other than buy a wired connection dongle?

I've tried the following:
Connecting to both 5ghz and 2.xghz, tried varying channels for them both.
changed the DNS, checked the firmware on my router (all updated)

i've done everything on this list.. even down to moving my router onto the floor in the middle of the room.. and sitting with the Switch right next to it...

i have no issues with Fast RMX, it just seems Mario Kart wants to disconnect me every 30 seconds - 1.5 minutes.
:(

Tried a full shutdown of the system by holding the power button for ~10 secs?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Has anyone played vs. with two Switches in their household yet? We got a second one and Im wondering if it makes more sense to create a whole new account on it or use my same account. I know we have to buy the game again unfortunately.

I don't think I've ever even thought to use the break before 😂😂😂
If youre using a kart and wanna be a rebel you can use multiple slides per sharp turn instead of braking; just dont make the drifts long enough to get a turbo and you are golden.

Braking is way faster though lol

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
If youre using a kart and wanna be a rebel you can use multiple slides per sharp turn instead of braking; just dont make the drifts long enough to get a turbo and you are golden.

Braking is way faster though lol

Using a bike and I always fly off the side.

mstevens

Man, what a swing of emotions. Trying to 3 star all 150 cc cups. I'm on the lightning cup on the last race and get blasted feet from the finish line. Get there again and the same damn thing happens.

Try it one more time, in 2nd place at the very end and shoot off a super horn that barely reaches first place right before the finish line and win. Then I went on to 3 star two more cups while riding that high.

Whew.

Side note - it's been 10 days now. What's everyone's play time at? I'm only at 5+ but I bet it's close to 10. Puyo Puyo has been taking up more of my time.

DNAbro

Was playing with a bunch of friends online tonight. I kept expecting to do mediocre in battle mode but on the final one I ended up in first in every single match we did. I'm impressed with myself.

Theorymon

[12:47 AM] Theorymon: holy shit I found the shell god

.eJwNxsENwyAMAMBdGAADRohkmQgBclKRGmHnVXX39l73Mc8aZjen6pQdoF1SeTUryqtQt8RMo5d5ia18Q1Et9bz7WwW8C8lvWw45YkJMKQJ6_2_MLmDwGJLLoM_S0Q8pQw_iZl-TzPcHLbUmBQ._ZSP1Iviya_LfPr2IPKmAySSkD0

[12:48 AM] OricWindstar (Oliver): We should photoshop a Koopa head on that
[12:50 AM] OricWindstar (Oliver): WHY DID THAT BLUE SHELL HIT ME

You heard the man! We should make this the patron deity of Mario Kart, the SHELL SALT GOD!

Man, what a swing of emotions. Trying to 3 star all 150 cc cups. I'm on the lightning cup on the last race and get blasted feet from the finish line. Get there again and the same damn thing happens.

Try it one more time, in 2nd place at the very end and shoot off a super horn that barely reaches first place right before the finish line and win. Then I went on to 3 star two more cups while riding that high.

Whew.

Side note - it's been 10 days now. What's everyone's play time at? I'm only at 5+ but I bet it's close to 10. Puyo Puyo has been taking up more of my time.

25+ hours, but I'm certain it is very close to 30 hours. Less than I thought anyway, to be honest. :D

I keep getting Silver on the starting cup on 200cc. This is just insane, I'm using Tanooki Mario / biddybuggy / Azure rollers / Bowser Kite. This seems to just be a case of deciding if I break drift or can get away with a full one so far. I don't despise this yet, but this is against AI, so I'm afraid of this popping up online.

Now that the game has been out for a bit, have people figured out if all weight classes are pretty equal? I really want this to just be an issue of what feels comfortable / cool looking. If I understand correctly, heavies had a huge advantage in the Wii U version.

edit: How in the fuck did I get gold on Rainbow Road 64 and it's cup on the first try, when I can't break silver after 5 times on the first one? Isn't that version of Rainbow Road the hardest track in the series?

I keep getting Silver on the starting cup on 200cc. This is just insane, I'm using Tanooki Mario / biddybuggy / Azure rollers / Bowser Kite. This seems to just be a case of deciding if I break drift or can get away with a full one so far. I don't despise this yet, but this is against AI, so I'm afraid of this popping up online.

Now that the game has been out for a bit, have people figured out if all weight classes are pretty equal? I really want this to just be an issue of what feels comfortable / cool looking. If I understand correctly, heavies had a huge advantage in the Wii U version.

edit: How in the fuck did I get gold on Rainbow Road 64 and it's cup on the first try, when I can't break silver after 5 times on the first one? Isn't that version of Rainbow Road the hardest track in the series?

Rainbow Road 64 is the longest Rainbow Road (the 64 version at least), but it's generally considered the easiest because there are railings everywhere. Mario Kart 8 makes the roads even wider and cuts the length of it by a third.

At least as far as RRs in Mario Kart 8, I think the 8 RR is the hardest in the game. RR64 is probably the easier, with RRSNES being in the middle, although that one isn't really too hard, either, outside of 200cc.

If you're going for Gold Mario, just use Smart Steering. He's super easy to unlock with that turned on, since you can focus on drifting and item using, and not staying on the road.

ColdPizza

Banned
Can I just say, the auto acceleration and auto steering has been a nice surprise for my 4 year old daughter? I can put on 50cc and sit back and watch her have a blast playing. This was a really cool move by Nintendo so I can share my gaming with my children. My 20 month old was even "playing" (even though he was holding the controller upside down and every which way, but it made him laugh so he had a good time too). It's a good tool to teach them sharing as they switch back and forth after each race.

Can I just say, the auto acceleration and auto steering has been a nice surprise for my 4 year old daughter? I can put on 50cc and sit back and watch her have a blast playing. This was a really cool move by Nintendo so I can share my gaming with my children. My 20 month old was even "playing" (even though he was holding the controller upside down and every which way, but it made him laugh so he had a good time too). It's a good tool to teach them sharing as they switch back and forth after each race.

This is heartwarming :)

Chucker

Yeah, my 6 year old coming in first in 50cc races made that auto accelerate/steer option a godsend.
I'm finding we can't play together though because the AI is trying to catch me and just goes brutal on her and she ends up in like 8th or 9 and is just DONE at that point. Need to find a happy medium.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, my 6 year old coming in first in 50cc races made that auto accelerate/steer option a godsend.
I'm finding we can't play together though because the AI is trying to catch me and just goes brutal on her and she ends up in like 8th or 9 and is just DONE at that point. Need to find a happy medium.

No offense meant in any way, but is smart steering even needed in 50cc? It's so slow, seems like you could take most corners without even drifting? Maybe that's not true though, have only played a few races in 50.

No offense meant in any way, but is smart steering even needed in 50cc? It's so slow, seems like you could take most corners without even drifting? Maybe that's not true though, have only played a few races in 50.

For you it may not be needed but for a 6 year old it may be needed.

Wamb0wneD

Breaking while drifting makes life really easy in 200cc. i managed to beat all but the star cup in one try. Also light chars with lots of acccel and handling do wonders.

ColdPizza

Banned

Even with auto steer my daughter tries to use the analog sticks to steer. She's trying to emulate her daddy. She's even gone the wrong way on the track, lol.

Love playing as Inkling Boy (Alt.) in MK so much that I had to pick this up. I know it doesn't have any function in MK outside of the Mii outfit, but I had to add my boy into my physical collection!

34QHV78.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Let the salt flow

Feel the salt

Become salt

Top Bottom