• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Direct now online

Agreed. I have been very negative on these baby and metal characters all along. But I'd main the shit out of Meowser.

Yeah, me too. I've been annoyed/negative on the babies/metal/gold characters, but... Cat Mario is totally different!

We're part of the problem, aren't we?
:( lol

There are a lot of characters that people want to see. And some that have appeared that have surprised people and made them happy.

But while there are a lot of characters I like that don't appear to be in this game. And a lot of great new characters that I'm glad are this game. I'm happy enough having Toadette. And I'm mostly going to be using her.

She was my favourite new character when she became a part of the new games. And she's still my favourite. I love her cute design. The way she has pink pigtails is so adorable. And as long as she keeps being in Mario Kart and other Mario games I'll be happy.

69wpm

sHuJ1TO.gif

Reminds me of this:

funny-shark-teeth.png

Davey Cakes

There are a lot of characters that people want to see. And some that have appeared that have surprised people and made them happy.

But while there are a lot of characters I like that don't appear to be in this game. And a lot of great new characters that I'm glad are this game. I'm happy enough having Toadette. And I'm mostly going to be using her.

She was my favourite new character when she became a part of the new games. And she's still my favourite. I love her cute design. The way she has pink pigtails is so adorable. And as long as she keeps being in Mario Kart and other Mario games I'll be happy.
I agree. Toadette is great, and I'm happy to see the return of the Koopa Troopa and the addition of the Shy Guy.

BM8

Neo Member
Looks like Nintendo might be onto something with this Mario Kart thing. Below is a list of Mario Kart 8's preorder ranking on various Amazon shops around the world.

America: 4th
Canada: 4th
France: 1st
Germany: 4th
Italy: 2nd
Japan: 2nd
Spain: 1st
UK: 3rd

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/227469-mario-kart-8-hitting-amazon-top-10-preorders-around-the-world

Another thing to consider, is, MK is a game that sells for years. Most games get a burst right out the gate, and then burn out. MK will be selling for a premium, for years to come. Im not exactly sure why its mainly Nintendo games that can do this, other than they just make a great video game.

After watching RR again, i realized about 75% of the race is in anti-gravity mode, and the road is fairly narrow. Its going to quite a frantic drive with 12 players bumping into each other.

So I guess mirror mode is all but confirmed at this point right?

Mirror mode has been confirmed. Someone posted an image, but cant find it.

NeonZ

Also, does anyone know if the game supports some kind of all-cup tour like DD had? Odd they never used that again from the moment they started using retro cups, as I always preferred playing all (new) tracks back to back with my girlfriend against AI.

The Vs Mode seems similar to the Wii one, so you likely can make a custom cup like that (with CPU racers and points adding up too).

Mory Dunz

It'd be cool if Amazon sold the Wii U bundle so we could see that too.

But it's fine, NPD leaks will tell all. MK will have 2 days of tracking, right?

Exile20

You can see screenshots of Cloudtop Cruise and Rainbow Road in Mirror Mode in this Miiverse post and this other one here.

Who is this Aquel? and why does he have my copy of MK8?

All of these people have review copies? There screenshot all over Miiverse now.

Edit: So they can upload to youtube also?

Edit 2:
Mario Kart 8 Community
This community has been opened ahead of launch for preview purposes. Posting and commenting is currently restricted to Nintendo and select members of the media. Please hold on a bit longer until the game's official launch on May 30th for full access.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Recent Direct / videos YouTube stats, from NA Nintendo Profile + Mega64 for the E3 video

As of 08:15 GMT

Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.14 - 1,176,558 - 27,049 likes / 240 dislikes
Tomodachi life Direct 4.10.14 - 550,535 - 12,155 likes / 246 dislikes
Introducing Tomodachi Life 4.10.14 - 1,124,608 - 1,845 likes / 98 dislikes
Tomodachi Life: Weird Dreams featuring Shaq 4.25.14 - 132,304 views - 1,033 likes / 166 dislikes
Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E32014 4.29.14 - 629,535 views - 19,808 likes / 378 dislikes
Mega64 infiltrated Nintendo (from Mega64 profile) 4.29.14 - 53,934 views - 3,884 likes / 65 dislikes
Mario Kart 8 Direct 4.30.14 - 366,992 views - 11,608 likes / 152 dislikes

Top Bottom