• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Azure J

Didn't say it before since I got called away but GGs guys. I have two uploads I want to make but I think I'll put them off until later.

Roo

I get home too late now, esp with Daylight Saving changes. You guys all leave by the time I get back. =/
I assume you'll be home in time for the next DLC Pack.
I need someone to create those tournaments.
I'd do it myself if my connection were faster than a turtle :V

DaBoss

Looking at it again, it is actually the blue lights from the back of the Blue Falcon.
5knu8bn.png

Nope. I think the game don't really want you to win.
You hacker. ._.

Exentryk

Actually, I am out of town the week the DLC releases. =/
So someone else will have to make the tournaments.

Azuran

Banned
Actually, I am out of town the week the DLC releases. =/
So someone else will have to make the tournaments.

Take your Wii U with you. I'm going to be right in the middle of exam season and that ain't stopping me from showing up that week. GAF rooms are always crazy when a new update drops.

This is from last week.

https://youtu.be/9M5Uevw53uc?t=25s

Is it normal for the Blue Falcon to be slightly sticking out of the Bullet Bill.

I was in first when it passed me and it just kept going and going.
Totally irrelevant but you wasted your shroom there.

Should've released your red MT later so you can jump over that grass without a shroom (firehops help). Then you could've used that shroom to cut through the u-turn.

Wouldn't have changed the results much though because it's well known that Heath hax bullet bills, Roo hax red shells, Exentryk hax speed, and Enforced hax everything.

Azure J

Take your Wii U with you. I'm going to be right in the middle of exam season and that ain't stopping me from showing up that week. GAF rooms are always crazy when a new update drops.

Yeah, I'm dreading a bunch of assignments that line up with the release of that update, but 200cc Frantic Mode GAF is going to be something you have to be there for. I hope some of you will be streaming/capture carding it. :p

I'm willing to create a tournament for 200cc frantic if you need me to. Been thinking about create another separate tournament myself for non neogaf members whom are my friends who wanted to join but cannot due to this room being Neogaf exclusive.

Enforced

Roo

I'm willing to create a tournament for 200cc frantic if you need me to. Been thinking about create another separate tournament myself for non neogaf members whom are my friends who wanted to join but cannot due to this room being Neogaf exclusive.

I can help you with that.

We will need two codes. One for 48 track -150cc and one for 48 track and 200cc. Both have to be frantic.
First one to PM the codes will be the ones all of us will be using.

Chris, feel free to give your friends the tourney code(s) as long as you're confident they won't go blabbing it around to others. Unless it's like a gazillion friends you have or something. But a few should be fine.

DaBoss

Totally irrelevant but you wasted your shroom there.

Should've released your red MT later so you can jump over that grass without a shroom (firehops help). Then you could've used that shroom to cut through the u-turn.
I know you can do it, but I've never bothered to try (or practice anything for that matter) and would lose my position by screwing up.

I know you can do it, but I've never bothered to try (or practice anything for that matter) and would lose my position by screwing up.
It's actually pretty easy to do consistently once you realize that you have to release the MT pretty late.

It's also safe to do when you have a shroom because if you land in the grass you can just shroom out of it.

Azure J

On another note, my favorite replay of early morning KartGAF:

Shy Guy Falls
Alternate Camera Angle

That last second stretch where I ram four or so people was just the most amazing instance I've had in this game in a while. :lol

200cc, Frantic, SNES RR only

You know which courses are unintentionally going to become Redline: Mushroom Kingdom Edition? Yoshi's Circuit GCN and Mario Circuit GBA.

I am also wondering how bad Donut Plains 3 will get as a result of the speed boost.

DaBoss

It's actually pretty easy to do consistently once you realize that you have to release the MT pretty late.

It's also safe to do when you have a shroom because if you land in the grass you can just shroom out of it.
That's a good point, I should have tried since I had a shroom. I feel like an idiot now.

You know which courses are unintentionally going to become Redline: Mushroom Kingdom Edition? Yoshi's Circuit GCN and Mario Circuit GBA.

I am also wondering how bad Donut Plains 3 will get as a result of the speed boost.

Donut Plains 3 is going to separate the tokyo drifters from the burnouts.

Also, Bone-Dry Dunes is going to be some difficult stuff. I also think Mt. Wario is going to be pretty redline-y, with all the boosts, jumps, and tight turns and whatnot. I'm ready for the cuhrayzee.

200cc, Frantic, SNES RR only

x0tvb69.gif

Top Bottom