• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

Oh, OK.

So have they revealed a new track yet?
Not yet. I assume will have to wait until next week.

You know what funny tho? With 200cc around the corner too, they have a reason to release "trailers" of all standard/old tracks showing off how they work with that speed. Similar to Grumble Volcano, Dolphin Shoals and Piranha Plant Slide.
I wouldn't be surprised to see them doing that and waiting until launch week to release a trailer with the new tracks.

ffdgh

Would be nice if they uploaded a 200cc video daily until the 23. Gimmie Royal Raceway, sunshine airport, Bone dry dunes, and wario stadium.

Roo

Would be nice if they uploaded a 200cc video daily until the 23. Gimmie Royal Raceway, sunshine airport, Bone dry dunes, and wario stadium.
Wonder why they haven't done that yet. They have more than enough tracks to do it.
I'm really excited to see Excitebike.
We will skip most of the ramps thanks to the first high jump nevermind while using a mushroom lololol

Yeah it's actually really easy

You either go off the far right and try to reach it by flying to it directly, or you go to the far left and bounce off the sand geyser.

Omnicent

Guys, I may have 2 or 3 friends who would like to join for frantic tonight. If you guys don't want that, no worries, I can set up a room for myself.

Edit: Never mind, I will set a new room.

Don't think anyone minds, but GAF cc can be a brutal mistress at times. Make sure they know what they will be getting into lol

Thanks guys but one member expressed his concerns via PM. So I opted for new room. Thanks again!
Yeah, I know who it is and I know what his concern is.

Tell me, do you trust your friends? If you trust your friends then there is no issue. And even if they do spread the code around you can just not give them the DLC2 codes. It's not like we'll be using the current tourney for very long anyways.

Yeah, I know who it is and I know what his concern is.

Tell me, do you trust your friends? If you trust your friends then there is no issue. And even if they do spread the code around you can just not give them the DLC2 codes. It's not like we'll be using the current tourney for very long anyways.

I do trust them. The problem is that they are non-members. I would feel bad if the room is full and members cannot join.

DaBoss

That probably won't be an issue till the new DLC comes out.
But when the DLC comes, there would be more people so we could have 2 or 3 rooms at once.

Like PreyingShark said, filling up the room is hard right now, so more people would be nice. There are times when the rooms get full now-a-days, but those are rare. Though I guess they will become more frequent as DLC nears and people want to get ready for 200cc.
where can I check the hours? I want to see how many hours I burnt on this damn game.
I used the Activity Log. Though I guess that indicates how long you've been in-game and not playing.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I do trust them. The problem is that they are non-members. I would feel bad if the room is full and members cannot join.

This is my issue with it. When the room isn't full I don't mind, and usually it isn't, but we've seen increased interest recently thanks to the Nintendo Direct announcements, and a couple of times last week I wasn't able to join because the room was full. I'm not going to lie, it kind of irks me when I'm not able to play because someone who isn't even from GAF is taking up a spot.

(And I wasn't the one who sent the PM, in case anyone gets that idea.)

This is my issue with it. When the room isn't full I don't mind, and usually it isn't, but we've seen increased interest recently thanks to the Nintendo Direct announcements, and a couple of times last week I wasn't able to join because the room was full. I'm not going to lie, it kind of irks me when I'm not able to play because someone who isn't even from GAF is taking up a spot.

(And I wasn't the one who sent the PM, in case anyone gets that idea.)
Yes, but you'll still have that problem without them.

You know what we would have with them? Likely enough people to make a second room.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Yes, but you'll still have that problem without them.

You know what we would have with them? Likely enough people to make a second room.
Not always. One day I was waiting for almost an hour to get into the room because no one was leaving, and I know there was at least one non-GAFfer in the room.

And the issue with that is, hardly anyone ever wants to make a second room. Everyone wants to join the "main" room.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think everyone should wait until we see what it's like in 200CC Room and DLC Pack 2 first before making the decisions for the room setting. I will give it two-three weeks before room losing some members due to Splatoon. I know I'm going to play Splatoon a lot.

Top Bottom