• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

If someone in the room didn't buy the DLC, nobody in the room can play the DLC tracks.

LMAO, this is how it works?

They should have implemented a better system.

That is not true. There are two playlists; one without the DLC levels and one with the regular levels plus all the DLC levels. The latter is only allowed for those who have the DLC. Sadly there is no DLC-only playlist.

Really? I haven't played with MK Gaf for a while, I think last time I did such techniques weren't allowed.

Vylash

thinking i might need a setup with more acceleration, you guys get so ahead of me at the start

That seals it. I'm never playing MK8 online again until Nintendo fixes Firehopping. I'm against the use of glitches.
you're seriously exaggerating how much of a problem it is

That seals it. I'm never playing MK8 online again until Nintendo fixes Firehopping. I'm against the use of glitches.
It's really just a side-effect of the physics engine which also adds an extra, unfun, layer of mechanics to the racing. But it's hard to ban since you can't enforce it..

kizmah

QQ8Z8JY.jpg

Lexxon

Shiiiit, close one on SNES RR. Lucky shot w/ Green shell after I blew the lead falling off while inked.

LOVE the remix.

I don't like it, but it's not that big of a deal. I don't see people use it too often and even when they do it's not that much of a difference.

It does suck though.

Camjo-Z

All these little touches on the F-Zero and Zelda tracks are great. I love how the item box sound on Hyrule Circuit changes to the "opening a chest" music.

Prototype

If that's all the problems you have with the game you've got bigger problems lol.

In a frantic room it's not going to make much difference with stars, shells and bullets flying everywhere constantly.

Azure J

I can even beat fire hoppers with my sport bike

Seeing Grizzo do it to overtake me so a red shell would lock on to me instead made me all sad faced. It is what it is, but man do I have bad luck picking vehicles. In Mario Kart Wii, I went Karts and Bikes turn out to be stupid. In this game, my bike looks pimp as fuck but then karts can chase down light itself.

Top Bottom