• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I don't care what people say about the WiiU or Nintendo.
Right now Nintendo is in a beast mode with their 1st party titles and just released the best dlc ever =D (imo)
It's the first time I didn't need a PS along with my Nintendo console, that far into a generation: no killer apps vs a growing backlog of it.

You talkin' about Excite Bike Arena? 'Cause when I played WWs earlier, I've had times where the vote for that track was unanimous.

Yoshi Circuit also had an 11 out of 12 vote for it, but of course the game picked Grumble Volcano because Yoshi Circuit is my favorite track in the entire series. Always has been, probably always will. Dragon Driftway is a close second though.

Talking about the gaf DLC tourney here. The two groups were I was during my play sessions did that sistematically.

I hope that in a future update, Nintendo allows us to upload 60FPS replays to YouTube. I'm over here about to upload something fun and find it so jarring seeing it all in 30FPS.

On another note, the single coolest visual touch on Rainbow Road SNES is how the characters are mostly dark with all the light in the stage coming from the rainbow panels under themselves. It creates this really dreamy atmosphere that I never really thought about until I saw my replays from the earlier GAF matches I had.

The second coolest is actually seeing Dinosaur Island (SMW) under the stage. (RRSNES is the Star World?)

Wait whaaaaat? First time I saw I thought it was a random village. Will try to look for it tomorrow, that would be an amazing detail.

Awesome! My MK8 Soundtrack Collection is now complete (again) - thanks!

edit:
@LonelyGreyWolf:
I used JDownloader.

Not to mully up the discussion here, but how do you guys go about this extraction? I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself and doing a FLAC encode or something.

Azure J

Wait whaaaaat? First time I saw I thought it was a random village. Will try to look for it tomorrow, that would be an amazing detail.

If you fall off the course on the first straight into the right turn and turn left, you can see the layout of the first island with Yoshi's hut. It's really subtle since you first think it is just a bunch of random decoration but after racing around the course and getting bumped off a few times ,I saw the layout of the land under the stage. When I finaly realized what I was looking at, I couldn't help but get all

i9CTIdFXrq5aX.gif

KooopaKid

Banned
We were quite close JC!

This DLC is amazing. Not a single track sucks. My favorites are Zelda's, F-Zero and the ice one.

HD rupees. So beautiful. Can't wait for Zelda U. It's gonna be amazing.

I wish the green shells wouldn't just bounce around a few times before disappearing. I think they should bounce around and only disappear after hitting a racer. The game needs that random element that was present in previous games. And less wide tracks, please.

Atouba

LMAO, this is how it works?

They should have implemented a better system.

No, that was not true. You have to choose first if you want to play the original tracks (32) or all tracks (40). At the second choice there are only players who purchased the dlc.

Azure J

So where is the majority of GAF playing right now? After finding out that my replays aren't going to be uploading anytime soon as Nintendo deals with the DLC logistics and their network (Error Code 104-1852 only has three hits on Google and one of them leads to this explanation which is still a strong guess more than a confirmation), I figure I might as well get more games in.

Griss

I can never get into a GAF lobby :(
Not at launch, not now. Always puts me in a room by myself, where I wait endlessly. Is everyone in Frantic, yeah? That's what I've been trying. It says there's 41 racers, which should leave a slot open for me, but it never seems to work that way.

Back to worldwide, I guess.

V_Ben

Banned
Is anybody able to make an iPhone ringtone out of the f-zero victory music? Because it's incredible. This DLC is so good.

I totally wasn't the terrible Captain Falcon Mii I made when MK Wii came out to use the Blue Falcon which I never unlocked.
Nope, not me.

Azure J

Come in and the first stage is my all time favorite Dragon Driftway. Get first.

Next is Rainbow Road SNES. Get 10th.

Now it's Wario Gold Mine. Got 3rd and #REKT Garrett who wouldn't leave me alone with a Lightning.

Top Bottom