• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

something for people to see when they wake up! :)

rpvwlw.gif

So excited. Really looking forward to this track and Ribbon Road

Azure J

Mario Kart 8 in general lends itself to some really dynamic shots. The Yoshi's Circuit stuff I uploaded below just looks like it could be a highlight from an animated series.

Oh hey, I have that uploaded now:

Sunshine Airport: Check out the wild ass rebound/trick shot green shells under the first airplane.
Hyrule Circuit: Red shell hitboxes fresh out of UMVC3.
Cloudtop Cruise: Not completely shown here: Six people get a super horn after the first batch of items here and use them all around the same time resulting in the clusterfuck of players bunched up when I get on the scene here.
Mount Wario: Epic billshit 3rd place here. Omnicient can vouch given his spectating of me when it went down but that was the wildest ride ever.
Yoshi Circuit GCN: Too many weird drifts to note leading to me taking a dip in the sea a few times. Otherwise, fairly simple run through the stage.
Bowser's Castle: That Bob-omb though...
Rainbow Road 64: KartGAF, this is MY stage. I will not tolerate disobedience. Either chill and let me have this or get fucked from this day forward.

Really upset that I couldn't get a good scene of Omnicient fucking me out of the Rainbow Road 64 comeback with a rebounded Crazy 8 Bob-omb or the single luckiest draw I've ever pulled off in any Mario Kart game as I drove head first into a descending Blue Shell and drew a Super Horn on the perfect frame to intercept it on Mario Kart Stadium.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
the single luckiest draw I've ever pulled off in any Mario Kart game as I drove head first into a descending Blue Shell and drew a Super Horn on the perfect frame to intercept it on Mario Kart Stadium.

Haha. I had something similar happen to me once a few months back, except with a mushroom instead of a horn:

mushroomimsxz.gif

Of course, I couldn't get that moment into the highlight reel no matter what I did, so I had to record it with my phone and make a shitty gif of it.

DaBoss

Yea, Piranha Plant is the worst item.

No warning whatsoever for them. You don't actually have to hit the other players with it, you just have to be near them. Their range behind them is bullshit. And dear god hope you don't stop one with your items without a star or bullet bill.

Nice dodge, Justice.
Oh hey, I have that uploaded now:
Hyrule Circuit: Red shell hitboxes fresh out of UMVC3.
Cloudtop Cruise: Not completely shown here: Six people get a super horn after the first batch of items here and use them all around the same time resulting in the clusterfuck of players bunched up when I get on the scene here.
Mount Wario: Epic billshit 3rd place here. Omnicient can vouch given his spectating of me when it went down but that was the wildest ride ever.
Hyrule Circuit: Oh, so it hit one other person, okay. Thought it hit 3 cause I heard Peach's scream. The ending has me doing a great escape like thing, so that's cool.

Cloudtop Cruise: Needs my perspective cause of how I was never able to recover. This video is missing how me, Azure, and GWX fell out of the cannon, so we had to get flown into the thundercloud. And then during the flying section, I was hit by GWX's lightning, so I got screwed even harder.

Mount Wario: The freaking second item someone got was a blue shell, so ffdgh braked and I some how got caught in the blast. I didn't see where he was, so yea. And then this guy decides to use that horn he got from above and I got hit. I some how got first after that.

Also, those trick shots are more like noob shots. You either aim at someone and hit them, or you miss and let the game do the aiming for you after it bounces. >_>

Azure J

Cloudtop Cruise: Needs my perspective cause of how I was never able to recover. This video is missing how me, Azure, and GWX fell out of the cannon, so we had to get flown into the thundercloud. And then during the flying section, I was hit by GWX's lightning, so I got screwed even harder.

Also, those trick shots are more like noob shots. You either aim at someone and hit them, or you miss and let the game do the aiming for you after it bounces. >_>

If someone wants to step up to the plate and do a full recording of the highlight through the shared DLC |OT| folder in Mario Kart TV, that'd be swell. The Cloudtop race was one of the craziest we've had thus far.

As for your latter comment, get gud scrub. Admittedly, that ricochet shell on the plane's wheels was pure luck, but there isn't a time where I don't plan out convoluted ass shots using angles of incoming objects with green shells. It's a habit from Mario Kart 64 that I refuse to part with nor accept as being anything less than a real skill. It's also the reason why I adore Royal Raceway's first few turns with all the signage in the lawn and those kooky angles to the road itself. :lol

DaBoss

As for your latter comment, get gud scrub. Admittedly, that ricochet shell on the plane's wheels was pure luck, but there isn't a time where I don't plan out convoluted ass shots using angles of incoming objects with green shells. It's a habit from Mario Kart 64 that I refuse to part with nor accept as being anything less than a real skill. It's also the reason why I adore Royal Raceway's first few turns with all the signage in the lawn and those kooky angles to the road itself. :lol
I'm supposed to be saying that to you!

I don't think the auto-aim thing was in MK64. I want to say it was added in MKDS or MKWii, but I felt it was noticeable in MK7, and even more in MK8.

PreyingShark, same as on GAF

Got two second please triple reds and I was pretty close to first both times I got it (3rd place nailed me with a green after I fired the first batch). That was fair.

Played for an hour today for the first time in many months to warm up a little bit. I'm actually getting a little excited for the DLC. If I don't end up going out drinking, I reckon I'll be playing A LOT of MK8 this weekend.

Roo

If you're good and are willing to no-life the game then it's possible.

But you would really need to no-life it.

I think we got a couple more salty comments worth to be on the list.
Do you keep updating it? I'd like to link it in the OT lol

edit:
Got a good laugh seeing the rng give multiple people super horns over and over.
KuGsj.gif

Reading this post made me remember that race in Excitebike where all of us from 1st to 5th got nothing but coins the entire race, (literally all 3 laps) and 6th and lower nothing but single shrooms and green shells.
It was and probably still is the weirdest race I've experienced in my time playing this game.

GWX

Gonna play in 90 minutes. I might start a little sooner using off-TV play if the trash talk here get too frequent :lol

Top Bottom