• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Burning Justice

the superior princess
iAjpqpuaqZntH.jpg

I can't stop laughing at this screenshot.

lmao. Sadly, I haven't seen this happen yet.

vall03

Ugh, I don't know what happened but I'm suddenly having trouble activating the switches on the curve leading to the Master Sword room in Hyrule Circuit using the Master Cycle. It's either I miss the first one or over boost on the first, missing the second one. I feel like I'm missing something.

Aww man... is there any way for me to buy this DLC from my laptop? I live about two hours away from my family, and the Wii U is with them... I want to get the DLC for my sisters so they can play it over the weekend. I know Nintendo just launched their online version of the eShop, but I didn't see a way to buy this DLC OR digital versions of eShop cards. Surely I'm missing something? That seems like a pretty large oversight.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...does the PC have difficulty with the new courses?

I haven't played in weeks, but was easily ahead of everyone else, to the point I never really saw anyone trailing me, except on Mute City and Rainbow Road because I kept falling off. Otherwise, I was really ahead of the pack at all times.

iAjpqpuaqZntH.jpg

I can't stop laughing at this screenshot.

We'll be able to recreate this in Smash Wii U, too. :)

For the life of me, I cannot trigger the Hyrule Castle / Master Sword shortcut by myself (like in Time Trials). I've tried a variety of characters and different types of karts/bikes, but the speed boost from the first crystal thing always makes me over shoot the second one. And then I can get the third one usually.

Also, I wanted Link to be my new main, but his stats just don't line up with what I'm used to - I do far better with Yoshi because of his superior handling and acceleration. I can use Link, but still better with Yoshi.

Platy

vkVW23g.png

The track details are awesome ... WHY would they do that sidescrolling mario level details ?

NOBODY will see that while racing =O

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh, I get it, it's a reference to Sun Wukong. :)

EDIT: Oh man, now I see SMB-sprites are engraved on the wall as well. DEEPEST LORE!

Cyd0nia

Banned
vkVW23g.png

The track details are awesome ... WHY would they do that sidescrolling mario level details ?

NOBODY will see that while racing =O

I played this track A LOT today but I'll admit, I totally didn't notice it!

Now I'll never NOT notice it though - cool detail!

DaBoss

Probably the least satisfying way I've lost.

It was largely due to a banana I couldn't see properly because of light reflecting on the gamepad.

Top Bottom