• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Apenheul

I just noticed that I can't setup Versus mode to do all 40 courses, it doesn't go beyond 32. Will it mix the DLC courses with the old ones if I set it to random selection?

Roo

I just noticed that I can't setup Versus mode to do all 40 courses, it doesn't go beyond 32. Will it mix the DLC courses with the old ones if I set it to random selection?
Wait, seriously?
What the fuck? I was looking forward doing a long gameplay session with all the tracks next Saturday when a few friends were coming by.

vid

Had a great time dropping in and getting in a few races with you guys!

I'm not sure I've ever sworn as much as I have when playing Frantic Mode with GAFers, heh.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I know that this is becoming the topic to play online, but I'd like to share my experience and feedback:

I freaking love this DLC.
I mean, title of the topic is spot on.

zlCfzSpeh_0cH8ajqu

This is something I was hoping for since MK7: no more 4 years waiting for a new episode, but a great game from the start, with "constant" meaningful updates.
The quantity and quality of this DLC is outstanding for that price (especially with the pack: I paid 6€ for what I'm playing right now); the effort spent clearly is comparable to the main game; the new tracks are great: inspired, with great variety, great OST...the characters and karts are good too.

I think that tracks are the best part of the pack. in terms of general value, but also in terms of quality.

The best looking is the Dragon one, imho.
The most "iconic" are the one inspired by other Nintendo IPs: it is a first, and I love it. Excite Bike is the best track, but also Mute city is very good. The hyrule one is less "weird", but the details are so good (rupees, the sound effects...)
Gameplay-wise, the B-Dasher is god: I've always loved that kart, and this version is simply amazing.

Congrats Nintendo: Wii U has a lot of commercial troubles, but the quality of its exclusive games is top notch.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just learned that a NicoNico streamer I race with looked at my Miiverse posts to make sure I was a gaijin-san... I should remove my Bayonetta 2 pics...

Roo

I know that this is becoming the topic to play online, but I'd like to share my experience and feedback:

I freaking love this DLC.
I mean, title of the topic is spot on.

[IG]https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSpeh_0cH8ajqu[/IMG]

This is something I was hoping for since MK7: no more 4 years waiting for a new episode, but a great game from the start, with "constant" meaningful updates.
The quantity and quality of this DLC is outstanding for that price (especially with the pack: I paid 6€ for what I'm playing right now); the effort spent clearly is comparable to the main game; the new tracks are great: inspired, with great variety, great OST...the characters and karts are good too.

I think that tracks are the best part of the pack. in terms of general value, but also in terms of quality.

The best looking is the Dragon one, imho.
The most "iconic" are the one inspired by other Nintendo IPs: it is a first, and I love it. Excite Bike is the best track, but also Mute city is very good. The hyrule one is less "weird", but the details are so good (rupees, the sound effects...)
Gameplay-wise, the B-Dasher is god: I've always loved that kart, and this version is simply amazing.

Congrats Nintendo: Wii U has a lot of commercial troubles, but the quality of its exclusive games is top notch.
Good to see you're enjoying the DLC.
I completely agree with you, Wii U is definitely not the commercial success they'd want it to be but the quality of their first party titles has been outstanding. Wii U might be remembered as a failure but no one can deny Nintendo did its best software wise.

one_kill

So I started playing MK8 again after many months and I remember why I stopped playing.
Almost broke my gamepad because of f'cking blue shells!

I need to get a Pro Controller :\

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Good to see you're enjoying the DLC.
I completely agree with you, Wii U is definitely not the commercial success they'd want it to be but the quality of their first party titles has been outstanding. Wii U might be remembered as a failure but no one can deny Nintendo did its best software wise.

It's becoming my Dreamcast 2.
Hopefully it will not end up like that, of course.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's becoming my Dreamcast 2.
Hopefully it will not end up like that, of course.
Even if it did: Wii U's HDMI output means its classics will remain hooked to my TVs for years.

I'm afraid the console is still too expensive and won't find broad appeal, beyond its current niche of Nintendo fans.

What a great niche to be part of though :)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Even if it did: Wii U's HDMI output means its classics will remain hooked to my TVs for years.

I'm afraid the console is still too expensive and won't find broad appeal, beyond its current niche of Nintendo fans.

What a great niche to be part of though :)

I was actually impliyng all the unfortunate SEGA disaster that occurred after the DC debacle
I know that it is not the case, I was just saying that I loved the DC despite no one buying it back in the days, as I'm enjoying the Wii U now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
i'm glad other people agree SNES rainbow road is trash
My only problem with it is that we already had it in MK7 where it was a big surprise. It looks even nicer now, I can't dispute that, but it would have been cool to see another "Mode 7" track given a makeover, maybe even SC's Rainbow Road.

devonodev

Attempting to join a game with people now, haven't been playing online much since not long after launch. Hope the standard hasn't increased too much lol

DaBoss

Yoshi Circuit is probably the only course I don't like that I can do well on and the reason for not liking it doesn't involve the course being poorly designed (RR64 and TT) or it not being fun to race on.

Garcian

What a wonderful addition this DLC is (to an already great game) - not much to say that hasn't been covered, but Mute City makes me happy & sad at the same time; brilliant track, brilliant music bring smiles, but also a reminder that there's no full F-Zero game :/

Top Bottom