• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That was weird, on the first lap I drifted, showed the sparks and everything, but I didn't actually drift and ended up running into the wall. Never had that happen before.

Attempting to join a game with people now, haven't been playing online much since not long after launch. Hope the standard hasn't increased too much lol

I haven't really been keeping my skill up either but I did pretty well against randoms. Most people develop skill by memorizing the tracks so if you're playing on the new tracks everyone is pretty much on the same footing.

Lunar15

The F-Zero track's existence is frustrating just because it means Nintendo still "gets it", but they still won't do another F-Zero.

They're probably sitting there thinking, "Why couldn't more people love F-Zero?", much like we're thinking, "Why can't Nintendo make another?"

bumpkin

The F-Zero track's existence is frustrating just because it means Nintendo still "gets it", but they still won't do another F-Zero.

They're probably sitting there thinking, "Why couldn't more people love F-Zero?", much like we're thinking, "Why can't Nintendo make another?"
It's such a tease. A beautiful, glorious, magnificent tease.

My eye twitched when I heard that iconic starting line sound as the camera panned. :(

Omnicent

Hopefully there will be people on when I get off of work (3 more hours >.<)

I hate this game's red shells. Slowing down so they can hit you :(
I love when they passe me up and go "Oh sorry about that!" the does a U-turn right into my kart (though I have not had that happen to me post maint.).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That was practically murder at the end of that race.

And god damn it now it's going to pick mine because I hit the wrong one.

SoldnerKei

played the game a lot yesterday, and got my first freeze P:

it was pretty random, I was on the title screen, pressed home and accessed my friend list, then pressed home again to go out to the title screen and there was this weird noise, the same that happens when the Wii freeze, and that was it, I couldn't do anything, I turned off the gamepad and back on, it showed the quick menu, then it went to Mario Kart title screen still frozen, had to force shut down on the console, weird since I never had trouble with other games, and my game is on disk, I hear the game freeze when you have it digital and your drive is not fast enough, could it be because of the dlc?

booted up again and everything is alright

Insaniac

DLC is so good. Actually really like using the Blue Falcon with tiny wheels.

Also the Yoshi retro track is great, the curves are perfect that if you master them you can really beat out other players on skill alone.

And of course, mute city is boss

FYI, for anyone that gets error code 105-3013 when downloading and installing the Mario Kart 8 DLC, this should fix it:

1. Go into Data Management.
2. Find Mario Kart 8.
3. Delete all DLC data.
4. Restart the download process.

Neiteio

It's one of my favorite of the new tracks but I agree with the complaints about it being too wide. I'm guessing they thought it was necessary to accommodate 12 racers but really it should be about half as wide as it is... or maybe 3/4 for baby survivability.
I disagree, I think the way it is now is perfect for 12 players, especially with some of the items that exist in Mario Kart nowadays.

Top Bottom