• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

I like the tricky shortcuts, and the way the track splits and rejoins is cool too.

Ah. Alright. Maybe I just think it doesn't really have a life of it's own. It's just... there. I don't even know why they call it "Ice".

Why? The Master Sword ramp trick is cool, it's got some great winding turns for drifting, plenty of spots for mushroom boosts to cut over grass, and it looks incredible.

It's funny that you like the Yoshi track, I have a hard time with that one because it's so cramped. Get hit by one item you're getting hit by 3, and it's so hard to fight back through the pack.[/QUOTE]

The Hyrule one looks great. I'll agree with that. That master sword trick is goofy and after the castle, things get boring to the end of the track.

I think I like cramped. Haha.

Your priorities are out of whack if a dropped frame every few seconds is the worse outcome here - and I say that as someone who's very sensitive to framerate fluctuations - compared to turning the game into an utter shitshow with Frantic.

And you're right, no one asked for your opinion since you'd never frequent a Normal lobby anyway.
Yeah, I don't frequent Normal lobbies because if I do worldwides instead I don't have to deal with that horrible stutter unless somebody DCs, I have typically full rooms, I can gain VR, and I can still play with other GAFers.

I actually do prefer the normal item system, but playing in normal lobbies is a waste of time to me because I think that worldwides are a vastly superior experience, and if I'm going to play normal races then I want to also gain VR. I also do enjoy mixing it up with Frantic so if I'm going to play in GAF tourneys I'm going Frantic.

Also, bots don't just add stutter. They are also horrible at this game. All they really do is screw people over from behind and add a lot of luck.

Addi

well i mean i got a bullet bill and I just ran thourhg people.
Also right into the wall on hyrule at the master sword shortcut >.<

Oh,thought it was a rant, went from 7th to 2nd right before the finish line hitting a lot people.

Comm error for me, I have to eat. GG, A-dog out!

The track has no shortcuts. Those "shortcuts" are actually longcuts, you see. Taking the regular path tightly and charging up an orange is faster.

However, it's still a pretty fun course due to all of the sharp turns and lowish traction. The awesome music helps too.

...wow. I'm glad you told me that before I wasted half an hour in practice trying to nail it.

jorgejjvr

Well this one finally felt like a frantic for me! If I've hadn't hit the mud I would have gotten first so I got second, but I was trying to avoid the blue, sorry wolf :p

Jorge, there's 3 of us in the OP Normal room right now if you're interested.

EDIT: never mind.

Yeah, I don't frequent Normal lobbies because if I do worldwides instead I don't have to deal with that horrible stutter unless somebody DCs, I have typically full rooms, I can gain VR, and I can still play with other GAFers.

I actually do prefer the normal item system, but playing in normal lobbies is a waste of time to me because I think that worldwides are a vastly superior experience, and if I'm going to play normal races then I want to also gain VR. I also do enjoy mixing it up with Frantic so if I'm going to play in GAF tourneys I'm going Frantic.

Also, bots don't just add stutter. They are also horrible at this game. All they really do is screw people over from behind and add a lot of luck.
You're already used to the bolded though, you play Frantic.

And it can't get more meaningless than playing Mario Kart for VR, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Azure J

Does anyone know if replays have been fixed yet? I have a bunch of stuff I want to upload but I don't want new replays to overwrite them yet.

Top Bottom