• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

I'm really liking Wild Woods on 200cc.

You have to adjust and brake a little bit, but not all that much so you're just really racing with a nice flow.

If you can time the turns and not do as many tricks as you might want to, you can go the entire race without braking. Lots of courses you can still do that on.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Was checking out my stats with the rest of KartGAF randomly. Things of note:

Me v Roo: 181 - 398
v. Justice: 112 - 226
v. Papercuts: 132 - 237
v. Azuran: 76 - 76
v. Enforced: 66 - 49
v. Omnicient: 175 - 186
v. Merrick: 83 - 182
v. Heath: 208 - 105
v. DaBoss: 141 - 207
v. ffdgh: 91 - 254
v. MrPanic 117 - 95
v. HypnoDarkrai: 41 - 92
v. Oidisco: 48 - 109
v. Prob: 30 - 40
v. Neoxon: 10 - 10
v. Revven: 70 - 39
v. SM239: 56 - 148
v. ViewtifulJC: 121 - 105

eeesh. :lol

Lol, I just saw this.

Since I know JC is with us from the great beyond I checked and saw 374-186. He's gonna have to hold that lifetime L.

It's slower.

That shortcut is only good if you've got gold/triple shrooms/stars since you can just keep boosting straight and don't have to worry about the curve. Otherwise it doesn't seem to gain time much on your opponents, just like 90% of the "shortcuts" in the game.

They're all traps people!

ffdgh

That shortcut is only good if you've got gold/triple shrooms/stars since you can just keep boosting straight and don't have to worry about the curve. Otherwise it doesn't seem to gain time much on your opponents, just like 90% of the "shortcuts" in the game.

They're all traps people!

Thwomp ruins end short cut and sunshine airport's lttle grassry ramp of death comes to mind lol. Speaking of the latter, it's possible to do it shroomless now tho it's still not worth the risk.

I'm recording a video with all the new shroomless 200cc shortcuts. So far I've captured Shy Guy Falls, Mount Wario, GCN Dry Dry Desert, GCN Yoshi Circuit, GCN Baby Park (I'm beginning to notice a pattern lol), and Wild Woods. Does anyone have any tracks in particular they feel should be captured? I know GCN Sherbet Land has the glider pad but I'm not sure if it's faster.

amnesiac

Trying to 3* gold trophy all 200cc... Quite the task.

Generally, when gliding, is it better to glide for as long as you can or land quickly?

Trying to 3* gold trophy all 200cc... Quite the task.

Generally, when gliding, is it better to glide for as long as you can or land quickly?

I'm actually not sure. Probably depends on a number of factors, such as kart combination and which jump pad. Either way, I'm guessing the difference is minuscule.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
But it's still Waluigi, what's more important? :p

I think the wheels might make a big difference there either way.

The bike :p I can't use a kart in this game at all. I tried back in September or sometime when I was playing actively and I think I barely made it to the third lap before everyone else finished, lol.

DaBoss

Damn, it's slower. Though it feels a lot safer lol.
I'm recording a video with all the new shroomless 200cc shortcuts. So far I've captured Shy Guy Falls, Mount Wario, GCN Dry Dry Desert, GCN Yoshi Circuit, GCN Baby Park (I'm beginning to notice a pattern lol), and Wild Woods. Does anyone have any tracks in particular they feel should be captured? I know GCN Sherbet Land has the glider pad but I'm not sure if it's faster.
GBA Mario Circuit, you can hop over the tires in the last turn.

Mute City. Near the end you can take the SC by just hopping over it with an MT and landing on the ramp. You could do this in 150cc too but it was much harder and required a high speed combo with some coins.

NotLiquid

Well I haven't been in KartGAF for ages. Thinking I might want to get back into it a bit.

What Tournaments here are most frequented?

I finally found my new damn car combo for 200cc.

Normal/Medium weight character (Daisy/Isabelle)
W25 Silver Arrow
Leaf Tires
Hylian Kite

I actually have better control with this combo.....except on cheese road. Whenever I play online with you guys, if any of you guys vote for cheese road. YOUR DEAD TO ME!! B,B,BAKAS!! T-T

Omnicent

I'm in 200cc Frantic. There's one other person in this room.

Ok, I'll hope in then

I finally found my new damn car combo for 200cc.

Normal/Medium weight character (Daisy/Isabelle)
W25 Silver Arrow
Leaf Tires
Hylian Kite

I actually have better control with this combo.....except on cheese road. Whenever I play online with you guys, if any of you guys vote for cheese road. YOUR DEAD TO ME!! B,B,BAKAS!! T-T
You're going to hate Shark then lol

Damn, it's slower. Though it feels a lot safer lol.

GBA Mario Circuit, you can hop over the tires in the last turn.

Mute City. Near the end you can take the SC by just hopping over it with an MT and landing on the ramp. You could do this in 150cc too but it was much harder and required a high speed combo with some coins.

Totally forgot about those two. Alright, I'll add them to the list.

Boney

Banned
Ah!! So close to winning that one! Got hit by the red just after the final jump

Holy crap that blue shell! I'm so sorry Omnicient, at least I personally threw it

Top Bottom