• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Exentryk

I had to go for that big blue sc. But it didn't work. I went through those rings. Guess that's not part of the plan lol.

Exentryk

Lol, picking toad's turnpike in 200cc might be okay.

EDIT - Having some nice clean runs here. No blue shells, no nothing. Good ;]

EDIT - And Animal Crossing track gets selected just as I say that -.-

Exentryk

Cool, will give it a whirl! EDIT: 10th in every race....might be out of my league haha.

I guess if you just searched a custom 200cc, it might pair you up with people around your VR. Then you can slowly build the experience. Feel free to drop out. :)

Can't wait until this final is over and I can play lots of Mario Kart 8 this weekend.

I'm going to learn how to bike in 200cc! Woot! Sport bike's the way to go right? Since the way they killed accel tiers means that 0.75 more accel will always be significant in 200cc so I can't really figure out any scenario in which giving up 0.75 accel is worth the Master Cycle's relatively minor benefits.

Roo

Can't wait until this final is over and I can play lots of Mario Kart 8 this weekend.

I'm going to learn how to bike in 200cc! Woot! Sport bike's the way to go right? Since the way they killed accel tiers means that 0.75 more accel will always be significant in 200cc so I can't really figure out any scenario in which giving up 0.75 accel is worth the Master Cycle's relatively minor benefits.
I think I'll join you so we can suffer together lol

Wait, what do you mean they killed acceleration tiers?

I'm just reading up on that stuff again and thought that acceleration is always rounded down to the next integer.
Other stats aren't tiered, correct?

Azure J

Always good to have some more bike love. Dat learning curve tho...

I honestly don't get how come I love bikes (really, just the Sport Bike) so much when I hated them to the point of not playing them on principle in MKWii.

The balancing in that game just felt cheap as fuck and I didn't have a full appreciation of things that make competitive metas back then. Plus most bikes in that game was ugly as FUCK

Enforced

I'm thinking if I should make another picture like i did on the family picture but different. Im not sure.
I will play with you guys tonight. My class is cancel for tomorrow. Yay :D

ffdgh

Wait, what do you mean they killed acceleration tiers?

I'm just reading up on that stuff again and thought that acceleration is always rounded down to the next integer.
Other stats aren't tiered, correct?

For 200cc only, every bit of acceleration has an effect now unlike in 150cc. The tiers are still there, but everything inbwetween them works like they should have originally.

I honestly don't get how come I love bikes (really, just the Sport Bike) so much when I hated them to the point of not playing them on principle in MKWii.

The balancing in that game just felt cheap as fuck and I didn't have a full appreciation of things that make competitive metas back then. Plus most bikes in that game was ugly as FUCK
Mach bike ane bullet bike master race!

For 200cc only, every bit of acceleration has an effect now unlike in 150cc. The tiers are still there, but everything inbwetween them works like they should have originally.

Interesting, thanks!
And for the other stats the values in between count regardless of cc class?

AFAIK the other stats work as you would expect, yes.

And hooray for a comrade in bike misery!

Second final done, too. One left but it's not until Monday. I'll have to make three double-sided "cheat sheets" over the weekend though but I know what types of questions will be on the exams.

Enforced

AFAIK the other stats work as you would expect, yes.

And hooray for a comrade in bike misery!

Second final done, too. One left but it's not until Monday. I'll have to make three double-sided "cheat sheets" over the weekend though but I know what types of questions will be on the exams.
My finals starts end of May. It'll be a busy month for me.

Omnicent

so figured I'd mess around with Mr. Scooty.... shits pretty good with the right setup (dat 5+ acceleration is much better than I thought).

Also, anyone in the 200cc frantic room?
Hmm speed on this build may be to low, though I love the handling of it

Azure J

Just messed around with some new setups. Why does Male Villager + Sport Bike + Slicks look so good while also possessing the same speed as my Rosalina + Sport Bike + Retro Off Roaders with far more handling? :lol

I also now see why so many of you made the switch to FemVillager. Her stats are fucking whoa.

ffdgh

Just messed around with some new setups. Why does Male Villager + Sport Bike + Slicks look so good while also possessing the same speed as my Rosalina + Sport Bike + Retro Off Roaders with far more handling? :lol

I also now see why so many of you made the switch to FemVillager. Her stats are fucking whoa.
an extra .25 acceleration really works wonders.

Also using offroad ties over slims/triforce tires will always be wrong stats wise :p

Top Bottom