• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Dr Prob

Banned
The Wild Woods theme is so good.

doo doo do-do do-do do dooooooo

Neat that the time is spent including stuff like this even when it's easily missed, as your attention naturally gravitates to the people throwing shit at you/your blood feud of the moment.

doo doo do-do do-do do dooooooo!

Dr Prob

Banned
Hey guys, I've never played in tournament mode before, if I want to join in do I have to play X amount of games, or can I just jump in for a couple then leave?

You can jump in/leave whenever you want. Not really a tournament (though there are weekly points) so much as just a community room.

Rezbit

I need to at least play through every track on 200cc, it's totally different. So many walls. But it's okay I'll be your back-marker.

Rezbit

That will do me for now! You guys are going to need to tell me a good vehicle combo, I feel like I'm slow and have no grip!

Or do I need to git gud?

kcxiv

I need to at least play through every track on 200cc, it's totally different. So many walls. But it's okay I'll be your back-marker.

i feel the pain. That was me earlier. I just blame it on my age though. haha, it just takes some practice to get used of the tracks, going into the 200CC youc ant just go balls to the wall like i was thinking its like 150CC. Its an adjustment for sure! Good luck!

Rezbit

Trying to jump back in but nothing seems to be happening? Waiting at the course selection. Do I just sit here or try again?

Banzai

Okay braking is supposed to be on B right? How the hell do you use that when you play with Wiimote + nunchuck? B is already jump and drift!

Roo

Okay braking is supposed to be on B right? How the hell do you use that when you play with Wiimote + nunchuck? B is already jump and drift!
Like Justice said, Wii Remote/Nunchuk is the only combo without a brake drift option. B is already taken for normal drifting and hoping
Pretty much useless for 200cc

Banzai

I don't think it's possible to brake drift with Wiimote+Nunchuk. 200cc is pretty much unplayable with it, I'm afraid.

Damn, seriously? I did have a really hard time even getting the gold trophy on 200cc...
So what controllers are you all using? The Wii U pad? I might have to look into getting a pro controller, but that's money I'd rather spend elsewhere.

edit: just to vent, this is some crap. my favorite controller combo just doesnt work for a new game mode? well fuck you too.

Exentryk

I thought it would be the only track I stood a chance. But noone else grabs items and all I get is boosts, you guys are faster than me boosting with a golden mushroom!

Fair enough. But Baby Park is extremely boring. Maybe Excite Bike might work better for you.

Top Bottom