• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Damn it

I think I was about to break my record for most 1sts in a GAFcc session with at least like 5 people

I know I already got a record for consecutive 1sts with 5+ people. I never got more than 2 I believe.

And this is including using a kart lol

Gattuso

finally made it by the looks of this
is6Ki4xzOhN0C.jpg

joining in a few moments

Has online been fucked up for anyone since the last patch? Last night, my position changed at least three times after the race was over. Like, I would finish the race in first but then the screen would change and I would be in second. Or I would finish a race with someone clearly behind me and tossing up items (not being lapped) and cross the finish line in position 4/5 only for it to strangely change me into 5th after the fact.

At first, I thought someone must have been cheating because it first happened on a rainbow road where i left everyone in the dust from the very beginning and never saw another player. So i left that tourney and joined a couple others and damned if the score didn't keep changing.

Anyone else notice stuff like this? I don't play online that often anymore but I can't remember this ever happening back when i used to play more frequently.

Wifi by the way. 75d/20u. Never had problems on my old connection of 12d/1u though.

For reference that was a contender for my best night of KartGAF ever and destroyed all of my other 200cc sessions so far.

I think lady luck was with me for once in my fucking life.

Roo

Yep, that seals it. Unless Roo somehow messed up, taking the glider over the pipes is definitely slower than the normal path.
Nope. I didn't mess up. It's definitely slower taking that "shortcut" than doing the actual turn.
I've been thinking about it for a while now but I never bothered to do a proper speed test.

How in Fuck can you guys navigate Neo Boswer Bullshit?
If you're not using the Wiichuck, brake.

If you're using the Wiichuck, chuck it out the window and use a different controller.

You only need to brake for that one section and *maybe* the first turn, depending on your line, though. EDIT: With a kart. A bike is a little more complicated.

Timeaisis

Bullet Bill deposits me in the grass again. Is there a way to cut out early?

Seriously though. It's screwed me like 3 times tonight.

Pro controller here and I used brakes...
When are you braking?

You want to brake as you enter the turn, even holding it down for a bit if you're boosting.

And if you're having issues, cancel MTs by briefly letting go of A. I also recommend this for the first turn of Dragon Driftway if you don't have high handling.

Top Bottom