• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
By the way, Animal Crossing in Winter form is amazing. I really love the touches they have done to the village. It was awe-strucking to see aurora in action.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just experienced a glitch in Cheese Land.

I got hit by blue shells twice, and I didn't even get any warning twice. You know the icon that would popped up if items getting close to you.

You know I actually like that Wild Woods course more than I thought I would have.

I love that track so much! I wonder if I'm being biased because it really reminded me of Nopon's homeland in Xenoblade.

Boem

Have they said anything about future DLC? I assume this is it considering both DLC packs were announced at the same time, but it'd be cool if they continued doing it given how popular the game is. I'd love to see some other Nintendo franchises headline every DLC pack. I could see a Mario-fied Pikmin track working well, for instance.

Chaos17

I need to go back training in 50 cc. Q_Q
Also the DLC is really cool, I'm glad that I spent 12$ for both.

I'm a happy customer. :D

royox

I just bought both packs...I can only play the 1st pack content but not the 2nd or the 200cc...what am I doing wrong?

gamecentral reviewed the second dlc pack:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/23/mario-kart-8-dlc-pack-2-review-restart-the-race-5163297/

In Short: Generous in both content and price, this is another gold standard in DLC expansions – and in terms of 200cc mode one of the best free extras ever.

Pros: Eight new tracks and not a bad one amongst them, with Big Blue and Ribbon Road being amongst the best in the whole game. Superb value for money and 200cc mode is amazing (and free).

Cons: Limited use of anti-gravity in most sections and the Animal Crossing track design is fairly simple. Still nothing has been done about Battle mode.

Score: 9/10

Max_Po

Banned
I pre purchased the DLC last year... where is the 200 cc option?

I think Wii U automatically updated/downloaded the DLC.

200cc is....rage-inducing.

I played Cloudtop and Rainbow Road (MK8) on 200cc now.

I don't think I can hang with this.

I can't stay on the track long enough in Rainbow Road to get mad, just super annoyed instead.

I pre purchased the DLC last year... where is the 200 cc option?

I think Wii U automatically updated/downloaded the DLC.

You can play 200cc in versus and online.

to unlock 200cc GP you have to beat all the cups on 150cc first. If Mario Kart says 4.0 on the title screen then it's updated.

Neoxon

Azure J...
whIhu4d.gif

GDGF

Soothsayer
Downloading now!

Gonna practice the new courses a bit before I jump in Frantic with GAF. I heard you guys are crazy in there.

That AC track is amazing, loving all the seasons.

Also found out you get coins for bumping into the rocks on the outskirts of the track...nice.

Just played Yoshi Circuit local multiplayer with 3 of my friends, as our first 200CC experience.

The simultaneous thud as we all hit the first wall was glorious to behold.

Top Bottom