• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

ChrisD

So I know some of use haven't even had the chance to play yet, but what are early course impressions looking like?

The Forest is my favorite track probably in the whole game. On 200cc, anyways. It's akin to Yoshi Circuit in 150cc. It's simple, but it's very drift-heavy.

Second best is Animal Crossing/Ribbon Road. Not sure yet.

Neo Bowser City is third. Loved it in MK7, love it here. But the newness of the two above stages (for me, never played the GBA games) pushes it down here for now.

Big Blue will need another few plays for an opinion. Really wasn't feeling it in my one go at it, but I kept getting Mushrooms. Annnnd I hate those moving road pieces, but that's a personal gripe.

The Metro course is another case of Big Blue, but it is looking a bit cooler in terms of track design. Big Blue feels a tiny bit repetitive. LOVE that this course starts out with a long drift.

I hate Cheese Land, and I hate Baby Park.

moai

Thanks for the tip earlier on this thread about starting the game from the wii u menu and not the quick one.

boxter432

I haven't played in weeks/months. at all. and I am going balls first into 200cc tonight.

Thanks for the tip earlier on this thread about starting the game from the wii u menu and not the quick one.

what does that do? better connection?
edit: oh, to download the DLC. got it.

Chaos17

Are you getting spinied/red shelled constantly? Because that would put it at the equivalent of MKWii's fuckery.
Spined, yeah.
Red shells not so much
Blue shells, this should be forbidden in the last lap!
Other items, they use it quite frenquently.

Anyway, they're really agressive but not as much as real players in online mode, rofl.

Top Bottom