• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You definitely should try Toad's Turnpike.
We played it last night and it was crazy fun.
Now you have to be right in the middle of the track instead of one of the sides but it's definitely legit :D

We played it earlier, the only thing that is better about it is that it doesn't last as long.

Completed 50/100cc on the new tracks

Neo Bowser City
ibrQOngWrPYy9w.png
NBC + 200cc + a certain section = barrel of fun

ChrisD

You definitely should try Toad's Turnpike.
We played it last night and it was crazy fun.
Now you have to be right in the middle of the track instead of one of the sides but it's definitely legit :D

I'm going to take your word on this the next time I play by voting for it when possible. I'd love if one of WorstTrack(TM) is fun in 200cc.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I can say that I don't hate Dolphin Shoals as much in 200cc. The eel part is over with quick and lower vehicle speed in the water is less of an issue (for now). Only problem is that last turn is harder.

That was certainly an F-zero moment at the end there. I was going so fast that flew off the stage...

Was it near the end, on lap 3? If so I've had that happen multiple times. Almost wonder if it's a bug, or just an F-Zero reference.

Oidisco

I can say that I don't hate Dolphin Shoals as much in 200cc. The eel part is over with quick and lower vehicle speed in the water is less of an issue (for now). Only problem is that last turn is harder.

Was it near the end, on lap 3? If so I've had that happen multiple times. Almost wonder if it's a bug, or just an F-Zero reference.

Yea on the 3rd lap, just at the end of the split road section.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Piranha Plants are officially the worst item to have now. My apologies, Coin and Blooper.

Nah, Golden Mushroom.

Also, Blooper got kinda buffed by nature of the faster speed, along with new, less familiar tracks.

Jesus, that Neo Bowser City. Lost first place and got both my position and index fingers annihilated ;b 200cc MK8 ruins my fingers.

Don't play Melee, lol.

Yea on the 3rd lap, just at the end of the split road section.

Yep, same place. My bike just lifted off the track and flew over the last turn and into the abyss.

Roo

The eel section in Dolphin Shoals always has bothered me.
It has unique physics (compared to the rest of the track) that makes it really annoying.
It's floaty and messy. Ugh.

Toad's Turnpike is awesome. Now I'm gonna pick it out of spite too.

Finally getting the hang of this 'braking' thing

Yay!! Another believer!

A blooper that is even somewhat useful. I am shocked.

Blooper is lethal on tracks like Cheese Land. I can't wait to try them out.

Almost lapped an AI player in 200cc Mario Kart Stadium. I'm liking this.

I've noticed the AI seems to be incredibly mixed. On tracks where they can fall off, you can gain a massive lead (e.g. DS Tick Tock Clock). And yet, I had great difficulty dealing with them on some of the new tracks.

---

In case anyone is wondering, I can confirm completing 200cc does NOT complete 50cc-150cc cups. To 100% Grand Prix, you must beat each cup on 150cc, Mirror Class, and 200cc.

MrPanic

The trick that worked for me in singleplayer was to brake at the start of every drift to get drift more akin to 150cc. It hasn't been working out in these gaf lobbies though. :/

ChrisD

Top Bottom