• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Azure J

Cheese Land is extremely boring, a very disappointing track and by far the worst of the DLC tracks, both in design and mechanics.

Nah, though I do think getting introduced to it in 200cc mode was not the best decision I've made.

Edit: I still can't believe Toad's Turnpike got a buff. It's been the butt of KartGAF's jokes for so long, I can't imagine it being good without massive changes to the course itself. (FAR narrower tracks, faster traffic)

Tried a little bit of the new stuff last night. I don't know if I'll ever get the hang of 200cc. It's certainly fine in large wide tracks with easy turns like Excitebike but man everything else, it's just too crazy. Bumping into walls and sliding off edges. What's the consensus GAF, is it now the preferred choice for Online Racing or is 150 Frantic still going to be the popular choice?

The new tracks themselves are GREAT. LOVE Big Blue!

Roo

Cheese Land is really bad for 200cc.
Too many gimmicks on that track.
Those holes, irregular surface and really sharp turns every two seconds make it really difficult to drive on.
Same as Yoshi Circuit, Bone Dry Dunes and Dragon Driftway (except those have some clean and flat layouts most of the time)

DaBoss

Fuck, the blue shell on DK Jungle hits me and passes by, then goes backwards to hit me. I got a horn just in time, but I didn't think to press the item button at all. I was just too shocked lol.

Neoxon

When can we go back 150cc
tumblr_inline_mjkctyvgSy1qz4rgp.png

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Those holes, irregular surface and really sharp turns every two seconds make it really difficult to drive on.
Same as Yoshi Circuit, Bone Dry Dunes and Dragon Driftway (except those have some clean and flat layouts most of the time)

Er...isn't that supposed to be the fun of 200cc? :B

Azure J

I love 200cc's speed but man if it doesn't suck what it does to some of my favorite raceways. :(

Azure J

You have to be one with the cheese.

The course is bullshit because of how powerful the two shortcuts at the end are.

The fact that they set up a double glide over shortcut that you could probably access without penalty in 200cc with no items is amazing in its cheapness. I don't remember anything similar to that being in Super Circuit. :lol

Pro

Holy crap was 200cc fast! Those videos were not lying. I started playing Lightning cup cause I heard Rainbow Road was back to three laps (disappointed that it wasn't and was so short on 200cc). But man the closed in tracks like Piranha Plant Slide are bonkers now. I'm just running into walls constantly. Really changes the game on how fast you are going. Gonna have to seriously adjust. On the plus side got a 1-star gold first try on Mushroom Cup.

Cheese Land is easy what you on about bro? Same with those other tracks.

DaBoss

Oh man, if I got that blue shell dodge into F-Zero shortcut, that would have been the highlight of the day.

Timed it a bit too early.

Azure J

Cheese Land is easy what you on about bro? Same with those other tracks.

Most of KartGAF knows how much I swear by Yoshi's & Driftway but 200cc really fucks a lot of the turns you have to make on both stages. Still getting the hang of drift braking though so I'm not going to say it can't work, but it's DEFINITELY understandable to have Roo's position on these courses.

DaBoss

Yea, Frantic was not made for 200cc lol.

And Bullet Bills weren't even made for 200cc.

And Baby Park wasn't even made for this game.

Top Bottom