• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Neoxon

So close to beating Roo...
w1bNxlh.jpg

Most of KartGAF knows how much I swear by Yoshi's & Driftway but 200cc really fucks a lot of the turns you have to make on both stages. Still getting the hang of drift braking though so I'm not going to say it can't work, but it's DEFINITELY understandable to have Roo's position on these courses.
You don't need to drift brake for Yoshi's Circuit with a kart unless your handling's really low (Assuming you aren't bumped of course but that's another story altogether). Like I went with 3.5 handling just now and I had lots of room for error even without braking. You shouldn't need to drift brake much on Cheese Land or Bone Dry Dunes either unless you went with a low traction combo in which case it's your fault for deciding to ignore that stat. Dragon Driftway isn't bad at all either.

Are you guys sure you aren't assuming the apexes are earlier than they actually are? That didn't matter much on 150cc but it sure as hell does matter on 200cc.

royox

I just can't win anything at 200cc.....even the IA have problems dealing with that speed. My gosh.

Using bullet bill on Mute City 200cc

speed.jpg

MrPanic

The hardest thing for me in 200cc is when 2 turns are close together and I got a drift boost from the first turn, I just fly out of the second turn no matter what I do.

Dr Prob

Banned
I hate how unreliable triple items are to defending red shells.

Yeah, your best bet is to keep track of the shells in rear view then drop your peels/reverse shells when they get close, but the downside in 200cc is that while you may survive the shells you'll probably mash into something in the process. I just go, man. Whatever happens happens.

Top Bottom