• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Zomba13

Yeah those posts about joining randoms online after playing with GAF and owning shit are true. GAF is good at games and makes you better just by losing to them.

entremet

No need to quote and post the OP, izuna99. You just need to quote it to reveal the community links.

Just quote. No need to post the quote. That's redundant.

Jachaos

When quoting the OP, just check the number. It's hidden in E-mail tags you only see when quoting or editing a post. So don't post the OP, just quote it and look for the E-mail tags.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I love the rainbow road in this. Saved that last replay because the ending with the blue shell was pretty funny.

The items in that yoshi valley were outa fuckin control. Pretty sure I stole a star from someone lol.

Baleoce

This whole "blue shells are much rarer now" seems like nonsense when you're trying to triple star 150cc and mirror. Feels the same as 7 in that respect. Online, perhaps there is a difference.

entremet

Haha i have never seen one person get hit with that many green shells. How do i get in on this Gaf tourney? Sorry if its been posted

Quote, but don't post, the OP. There's a racing and battle tourney code. The first code is the one you're looking for.

Enter the code in the Tournament section.

Does anyone know how to change controls in MK8?

I press start at the beginning of the game and I don't see any options to switch acceleration from that horrid a button.

Also do you think there's a chance that tweeting nintendo will have them update it so acceleration can be R, drift can be L and item can be whatever like every other normal racer? Soooo much more comfortable on my hands.

EDIT: Also any way to get the map to show on screen? I'm using the WiiU pro controller but the map only shows on the gamepad and I have zero idea on how to disable it. This game desperately needs an option menu.

Stop using A to accelerate and use Y instead.

Top Bottom