• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Azure J

These dudes literally combo'd me with items from 1st place to 9th in one sequence. I didn't know they put TAC infintes in Mario Kart now!

mankoto

I've been playing this game nonstop since release and I've noticed something really peculiar with how the item RNG in this one compared to the others. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed and I've never brought it up with anyone besides some friends and they said they've never experienced what I have. You see, I've have a few online ridiculous races where I've gotten a Crazy 8 as well as triple Mushrooms as high as 2nd and I've somehow gotten Bullet Bills and Lightning Bolts as high as 4th. Mind you, I'm fully aware of the fact that these are all incredibly rare instances that may never happen for the rest of my time with this game, but fact is, these things did in fact happen. So it made me think as to why. And the only solution I could come up with was the distance between myself and the person in front of me as well as the lap. Every time I got those items (barring Bullet Bill ), there was at least a 10 second to 15 second+ gap between me and the other person as well as it being in the last lap.

Maybe I'm going crazy and is looking too much into it. However, the whole thing is too not notice it. I was clearly in 2nd when I got that Crazy 8 as well as 4th when I got the Lightning Bolt and Bullet Bill. They were in online races with 12 people in them, so I just want to understand why I got them in the places I did. Maybe I'm right and distance between players now plays a small part in the item RNG, or maybe I'm dead wrong and jused a lifetimes worth of luck in the last 3/4 days. Regardless. I just want some sort of input on the whole thing.

ffdgh

I've been playing this game nonstop since release and I've noticed something really peculiar with how the item RNG in this one compared to the others. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed and I've never brought it up with anyone besides some friends and they said they've never experienced what I have. You see, I've have a few online ridiculous races where I've gotten a Crazy 8 as well as triple Mushrooms as high as 2nd and I've somehow gotten Bullet Bills and Lightning Bolts as high as 4th. Mind you, I'm fully aware of the fact that these are all incredibly rare instances that may never happen for the rest of my time with this game, but fact is, these things did in fact happen. So it made me think as to why. And the only solution I could come up with was the distance between myself and the person in front of me as well as the lap. Every time I got those items (barring Bullet Bill ), there was at least a 10 second to 15 second+ gap between me and the other person as well as it being in the last lap.

Maybe I'm going crazy and is looking too much into it. However, the whole thing is too not notice it. I was clearly in 2nd when I got that Crazy 8 as well as 4th when I got the Lightning Bolt and Bullet Bill. They were in online races with 12 people in them, so I just want to understand why I got them in the places I did. Maybe I'm right and distance between players now plays a small part in the item RNG, or maybe I'm dead wrong and jused a lifetimes worth of luck in the last 3/4 days. Regardless. I just want some sort of input on the whole thing.

Yeah items are based on distance now rather than place mostly.

mankoto

Yeah items are based on distance now rather than place mostly.
Okay. So I'm not crazy then. The whole thing just seems weird. I'd rather have more shells than speed items like in the last few games. Although, this one is pretty well put together balance wise despite being so weird about it.

Azure J

OK, whoever is starting these absurd item combos is getting slapped. Guaranteed. Also I see you Merrick, stealin my item before end of the lap.

Nezumi

Ok. Will do some quick shopping and then jump back into some races with you guys. Managed to get third place on one race yesterday. Let's see what the new day will bring.

Tirod

Try to be cute and throw koopa shell at papercuts...rebounds back at me after turn.

Manage to catch up in third lap, crash into papercuts item and then drift wrong way on last turn.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Azure J

I played my ass off in that match and I never saw Papercuts or Merrick once the whole race after the first lap. This is wild. :lol

Top Bottom