• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

ffdgh

Dang, getting shut down hard tonight. I'll be back at it soon though.

Gotta love those matches where you have a time trial for 2 2/3rds laps... then stuff goes to shit and you end up in sixth or worse.

Triple reds or a blue shell. Every freaking time.

Started playing the game last night. I love it, it's gorgeous. There isn't a single stinker among the new tracks.

I'm still having a really hard time getting used to the one item thing. Really? I wonder what lead Nintendo to that decision. Finally going back on a change to the core items mechanic that they made for MK64. Weird.

Acerac

Banned
But you just got 1st.
Yeah, but I ended up in sixth a whole bunch of matches. I should be able compete with the top names, it makes me sad to get shut down by those who aren't. :p

Joe feels the need to make our new tv purty tho. I'll be back for vengeance soon enough!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Too tired to do the actual math but considering the probability of someone getting a lightning (roughly seems to be 2 per race) and the time of an average race (about 2 and a half minutes on the generous side), the chances of you being hit in that window is incredibly small.
Then you take into account the probability that a track you hit doesn't have any mandatory glider sections or any sections it has is less than a second long.

Also take into account that since punishment for falling is less strict now, you can pretty much get back in anyway.

It really doesn't matter to me how often it happens. It's just a pointless and potentially extremely punishing frustration in a game that can be frustrating enough as is.

K' Dash

Was playing son online matches and this happened:

iKlWKG1YlZhDg.gif

j-wood

Does anyone else have trouble drifting using the gamepad? Idk what it is but I can drift left then quick switch to drift right without slamming into walls.

Is the Wii u pro controlled the best option?

ChrisD

Was that... Two Lightnings in a row? Like in the same moment haha. Lost six coins all at once. Better than them being spread out!

Acerac

Banned
Did anyone really ask for all these fucking babies? I want Petey Pirahna, Boo, and Diddy back.

Personally I can't wait for Baby Wario and Waluigi. Those would be the only characters that could get me off my koopa kid addiction.

*edit*

Also Booster. That'll never happen, but I'd instalock him every time.

Acerac

Banned
I get 3 miles ahead without it. :p
I have to assume since you're succeeding without methods that are established as cheating then you must be super-cheating. I insist that you stop at once and hand me free wins whenever we match up. Thanks in advance.

jmizzal

Btw, does anyone know if you can get replays of matches you played online? Like through MK8 itself?

All your replays are added to Mario Kart tv, it would be most recent ones, you can also fav replays after matches to find them in Mario Kart tv if you dont know which one it is

ChrisD

Garbage

Is the only definition for my play

In Pirahna Plant Slide

I fell three times, Gaf.

And then boosted into a wall.

Top Bottom