• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

IllustriousDifferentKoalabear.gif

ChrisD

Do it after a win.

It feels like everyone in class is watching you do a presentation in your underwear. ;_;

I did it after like... Five wins. And right when Merrick entered the lobby. My negative W/L ratio to him is already so bad, lol.

COMM ERRRRRORRR!!!

Acerac

Banned
I did it after like... Five wins. And right when Merrick entered the lobby. My negative W/L ratio to him is already so bad, lol.

COMM ERRRRRORRR!!!

As a rule of thumb, I typically only learn names of threats.

Merrick is a name I know. Hard.

ChrisD

Keeps throwing me into empty lobbies now. =

I guess I needed to quit anyways...

GG's, guys! I'll get my W/L against you a bit more evened out at some point, Merrick!

In reply to the name memorization; off the top ofmy head there's Merrick, Tsumiya, you (Acerac), ffgdh and... That's it. I never get to race with Papercuts, ViewtifulJC, or well, half the people everyone here fears ahaha. Seems I get put in with the same group of people consistently. Probably a time thing.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hah, was perusing NicoNico for Mario Kart 8 streams and joined into a 4-race tournament. Was fun with the reactions they had.

That feeling you get while you're in last and all the guys in front of you are getting bullet bills, lightning, and crazy 8s while you're getting a mushroom :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm behind you and get a single shroom while you get triple

The struggle is real.

I hate that. Or when the guy in front of you gets a golden mushroom while you have a single.

Papercuts, next time I race you I will do my best to reach the finish line first. See if you can beat me! :D

Bring it. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Was playing son online matches and this happened:

iKlWKG1YlZhDg.gif
Doing that feels sooooo good, even if it's rare.

Also, I'm very happy to know that using mushrooms to dodge blue shells is back. I predicted that because of how it's implemented in 7 as the mushrooms giving you blue shell-specific invincibility frames but I wasn't quite sure if it was still in due to the existence of the Super Horn.

whitehawk

Banned
Just played this at a friends house.

- Why don't they bump the resolution down to 720p for 4 player in an attempt to get 60fps multiplayer?
- You can't hold items behind you while you pick another one up. Not sure if this is a good or bad design choice yet.
- Why do they disable voice chat during the race? So silly.

Everything else was great though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Feltrol lobby killer confirmed.

Just played this at a friends house.

- Why don't they bump the resolution down to 720p for 4 player in an attempt to get 60fps multiplayer?
- You can't hold items behind you while you pick another one up. Not sure if this is a good or bad design choice yet.
- Why do they disable voice chat during the race? So silly.

Everything else was great though.

The game is already 720p.

Top Bottom