• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Raptomex

Is it just me or did they do something different to DK? Looking at his face during the races/highlight reels makes me laugh.

Needham

What the hell? Who kept bumping into me when I was surrounded by three red shells without ever touching a single one on Moo Meadows?

javac

shoesmash2.gif

Holy shit I'm dying here. DK's face before being squished lmfao. Wow you can't make this shit up. Mario kart TV is amazing.

Azure J

50cc
100cc
150cc
GAFcc

The best part about GAFcc is that you'll be in one group and holding your own, switch to another group because lolconnerror and sweep the fuck out of it all, switch to another group because "I want new parts/a different character" and all of a sudden you're essentially asked to diffuse a bomb while hurtling through the upper atmosphere while being asked to pass a spaceship through a kiddie pool filled with microscopic piranha.

The intensity fluctuates wildly. :lol

Kinsei

Banned
The more I play the new Rainbow Road the more I love it. It's the only one in the series to live up to the greatness of the SNES original IMO.

ffdgh

The more I play the new Rainbow Road the more I love it. It's the only one in the series to live up to the greatness of the SNES original IMO.

Yeah the new one is definitely great. Certainly better than the wii version.

As for your vr question....No Idea.

ChrisD

It can't beat the N64 one for me, but I am most certainly warming up to it. That jump shortcut is too fun.

Regiruler

New RR is inferior to GOAT 7 one.

All of which are inferior to Electrodome. Clap your hands everyone!
Mario Kart 8 |OT2| Hopping is the new snaking.
I saw this for the first time while going through some E-dome ghosts and I'm fucking peeved that something like this made it through.

Azure J

Yeah, I really like it.
I like better than the 64 one tbh.

I feel like they're both great even though I still feel a bit slighted that Rainbow Road 64 got the one lap three segments treatment. The things they did to the design of that course just feel right and finally make it more than just a long empty expanse. All the same, half of the original appeal for me was in the idea of a dramatic endurance race and with all of the unique track dynamics going on in 8's version, it's upsetting that there's no way to extend the number of laps to accomplish this feat.

Rainbow Road 8 started off as the level that would consistently kick the shit out of me but once I understood that it's basically LRN2DRIFT the level and I finally got used to deep drifting, it became the closest thing to F-Zero Nintendo has put out in years.

BM8

Neo Member

Its one of my favorite tracks. I actually really like both RR's.

Any track where 12 players are drifting behind each other, and slamming into each other, spinning around, while in anti-grav, are some of the best moments in this game.

Its one of my favorite tracks. I actually really like both RR's.

Any track where 12 players are drifting behind each other, and slamming into each other, spinning around, while in anti-grav, are some of the best moments in this game.

and frustrating. So frustrating. You can go from first to 10th if there's insanity going on at the end.

Top Bottom