• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

I'm still not sure whether I should pick WW, W101 or Pikmin 3 as my free game. I'll probably go with WW since the other 2 have a higher change to drop in price faster. And you can't go wrong with Zelda I guess.

SmithnCo

I'm still not sure whether I should pick WW, W101 or Pikmin 3 as my free game. I'll probably go with WW since the other 2 have a higher change to drop in price faster. And you can't go wrong with Zelda I guess.

If you didn't play the Gamecube version then WW is a must.

Kinsei

Banned

Have you played WW on Gamecube? If you have then get on of the other two, if not get WW HD.

zroid

Banned

I say Pikmin 3 just to throw a wrench at the previous suggestions

also it's an amazing game

No I haven't played WW yet. It's the only console Zelda I haven't played. I know someone that owns the gamecube version but I rather play the HD version. I'll probably pick up W101 and Pikmin too later, but it's hard when you have too choose between 3 great games :p

Bullza2o

I bought WWHD when it came out, got pretty far in the game, traded it at Gamestop during their 60% promo, and I plan on getting it again when I get MK8!

kitsuneyo

I just bought the download Game.co.uk and they sent me my code already. Can I enter the code now or will terrible things happen?

What are the chances of it letting me download the game now? 0%?

zroid

Banned
I just bought the download Game.co.uk and they sent me my code already. Can I enter the code now or will terrible things happen?

IIRC these codes only get activated when the game is released, but I could be wrong. You should certainly give it a try anyway.

MicH

You can enter it, but it will tell you that you cannot download the game as it hasn't been released

kitsuneyo

You can enter it, but it will tell you that you cannot download the game as it hasn't been released

10 points to you, that's what happened :(

EDIT - It would be great if it accepted the code and then automatically started downloading it in standby the moment it becomes available.

zzMKu2i.jpg

Haha

Congrats to those who got their copies early, not jealous at all...

shanafan

I am very excited for MK8 this week. Funny thing is that I have never owned a MK game, even though I had owned every single Nintendo console. I played Double Dash on my brother's GameCube, and it was pretty fun. I am excited for what fun levels MK will provide for me, as I am loving racer titles right now especially NFS: Rivals. I was tempted to get NFS: Most Wanted for Wii U just to play a racer on Wii U, but thought just wait for MK8..

And then we get Project Cars later this year (hopefully) on Wii U!

MicH

10 points to you, that's what happened :(

EDIT - It would be great if it accepted the code and then automatically started downloading it in standby the moment it becomes available.
Yeah that wood have been amazing! Oh well. I got a code from GAME as well, so at least we can start downloading at midnight Friday! HYPE!

Roo

I am very excited for MK8 this week. Funny thing is that I have never owned a MK game, even though I had owned every single Nintendo console. I played Double Dash on my brother's GameCube, and it was pretty fun. I am excited for what fun levels MK will provide for me, as I am loving racer titles right now especially NFS: Rivals. I was tempted to get NFS: Most Wanted for Wii U just to play a racer on Wii U, but thought just wait for MK8..

And then we get Project Cars later this year (hopefully) on Wii U!

Project Cars is confirmed for Wii U and about Most Wanted... you dodged a bullet there tbqh.

J@hranimo

Banned
So I called my local Sears after work and they said they would be getting the game tomorrow and they start selling them as soon as they them.

I am too excited :D Check your local Sears stores too US folks!

NNID: Jahranimo

shanafan

Project Cars is confirmed for Wii U and about Most Wanted... you dodged a bullet there tbqh.

Good about dodging that bullet ;)

I did read some rumors earlier today on GAF that Project Cars might be delayed till next year based on the lack of info coming out about it. That's why I added the hopefully

B00TE

I bought WWHD when it came out, got pretty far in the game, traded it at Gamestop during their 60% promo, and I plan on getting it again when I get MK8!

I did the same thing. Feelin' pretty good about that now.

It's hard for me to stay away from the streams, especially the ones showing off online. I hope online is always as smooth as it looks connection wise. Also looks like two players can sign in on different accounts for online split screen? Yessssss.

JLeack

Banned
Screw it.I'm going to re-buy the Wii U.

Why isn't the Mario Kart 8 bundle available at Amazon? That's ridiculous to me. I haven't purchased a console or game in-store in years.

Well, damn. Just checked two Sears... Searses?... in the Los Angeles area and neither of them had it.

Oh well. I've got two indie game stores that should be getting it in tomorrow, hopefully!

Interesting; a retailer is offering a 100 euro discount on the WiiU + MK8 bundle, for a Wii + MKWii trade in.
Very tempting, but I'm going to miss my homebrew machine.

Eiolon

Screw it.I'm going to re-buy the Wii U.

Why isn't the Mario Kart 8 bundle available at Amazon? That's ridiculous to me. I haven't purchased a console or game in-store in years.

Amazon itself does not sell Nintendo hardware. I am sure you will see other sellers place them up on Amazon soon though.

Drewfonse

Sears is for real. The one 5 mins away from me got it in today.....but was sold out by the time I called. More copies arriving on TH.

Citadel Mall location, Charleston, SC.

Le Argh.

The music is outstanding. Best soundtrack of the year.

I dunno man. The music is outstanding and I'm blown away by it (listening on YouTube), but wasn't Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze also out this year? That soundtrack is just incredible and it'd be tough to beat for sure.

My copy should be despatched tomorrow ready for delivery on Thursday (providing it fits through the letter box.) Hype has reached critical mass.

I dunno man. The music is outstanding and I'm blown away by it (listening on YouTube), but wasn't Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze also out this year? That soundtrack is just incredible and it'd be tough to beat for sure.

My copy should be despatched tomorrow ready for delivery on Thursday (providing it fits through the letter box.) Hype has reached critical mass.

Gusty Garden in Star Cup > everything else

Guessing World 8 and Next-Gen Games? Getting mine from World 8.
I went to World 8 and they only have enough for people who preordered. Next-Gen Games says they'll post on their Facebook page as soon as they get it, which they expect to be today or tomorrow. So, I've just been reloading Next-Gen's page over and over.

I guess I'm desperate.

hwy_61

Banned
So, when midnight friday comes around, should I just start the download and go to sleep? I have the Wii U set to turn off automatically if there's no activity, but does downloading count as an activity? I've never bought a retail game on the eshop before.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So, when midnight friday comes around, should I just start the download and go to sleep? I have the Wii U set to turn off automatically if there's no activity, but does downloading count as an activity? I've never bought a retail game on the eshop before.

Background downloading is supported. If you start a download and shut the system down, it will turn on low power sleep mode and continue the download until finished.

JLeack

Banned
This game is definitely selling consoles because I just pre-ordered the Mario Kart 8 bundle.

And I sold my Wii U last year... big mistake.

Shahadan

Downloading will continue even in sleep mode iirc anyway (the amber light). Wii U downloading speed are often slow though, so you can probably sleep, unless you have a "good one"

Top Bottom