• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Tabasco

Actually, I may have just found a place. I called Next-Gen Games in LA and they said, if they get it in today (which they are expecting to!), they'll be selling it. I'll let you guys know if I end up going to get it as I imagine some people here are in LA.
It's so aggravating when I see helpful posts like these that don't pertain to me. :(

Chopper

Preordered. Opted for Shopto. £36.85 with a free T-shirt! Fuck the limited edition.

Pleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdayplease...

Actually, I may have just found a place. I called Next-Gen Games in LA and they said, if they get it in today (which they are expecting to!), they'll be selling it. I'll let you guys know if I end up going to get it as I imagine some people here are in LA.

I wish there was a place more north that sold games early. Hate driving an hour+ back and forth in los angeles traffic to get a game.

Jackano

Has anyone gone "hands on" with the blue shell that comes with the limited edition version of the game? Part of me wants it, but dat price. :/

Forgot to unbox it. Just did it. It's s**t. Seems to be from the same manufacturer than the Ganondorf figurine from TWWHD.

Except nothing clips, all 3 parts (black support, little (3cm x 4cm~) transparent stand, and the blue shell itself) are in total loose! Be sure everything will fall if your cat climb the place were you expose the shell.
The shell is actually cool though, pretty heavy plastic, finition is not perfect but overall, I think you can kill someone with it. Grab it like a rock and punch someone with the spiny side and here you go.
Seriously, the stand really is disappointing.

Forgot to unbox it. Just did it. It's s**t. Seems to be from the same manufacturer than the Ganondorf figurine from TWWHD.

Except nothing clips, all 3 parts (black support, little (3cm x 4cm~) transparent stand, and the blue shell itself) are in total loose! Be sure everything will fall if your cat climb the place were you expose the shell.
The shell is actually cool though, pretty heavy plastic, finition is not perfect but overall, I think you can kill someone with it. Grab it like a rock and punch someone with the spiny side and here you go.
Ugh, it's annoying when we have to glue things together when they should just snap like they are supposed to. ><;

Do you ask yourself if you can kill someone for everything you own? =/

BM8

Neo Member
This is me. My bike is shaped as a 1-up mushroom.

22cb303ae08460bc632b0b40c2ea400f.jpg

The lighting is wonderful.

IGN did a one hour stream early today. Does anyone know if its been uploaded somewhere?

nm its live now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzfhlpfi5rE

naib

So I just caught wind of this free game with purchase promotion. Does that only apply to the physical disc or can I also get WW:HD if I buy MK8 on the eShop?

Please tell me it's both. Preese

Berordn

So I just caught wind of this free game with purchase promotion. Does that only apply to the physical disc or can I also get WW:HD if I buy MK8 on the eShop?

It's both. It's tied to Club Nintendo registration, not eShop purchase.

BM8

Neo Member

Both physical and digital work.

naib

It's both. It's tied to Club Nintendo registration, not eShop purchase.
Awesome. So I just need to make sure my Club Nintendo shit is ironed out?
Great news. I think I set all that up with the 3ds and linked them.

Thanks all.

So WW or Pikimin.. hmm.

openrob

Preordered. Opted for Shopto. £36.85 with a free T-shirt! Fuck the limited edition.

Pleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdaypleasecomethursdayplease...

I ordered from them - but didnt get to choose my t shirt size. Anyone know what's up with that?

zroid

Banned
I'm going to get drunk and not play Mario Kart, which is almost as good. If I'm lucky I might even pass out till friday!

Shahadan

I've never played Mario kart drunk. This changes EVERYTHING.

You've missed so much ! I have my fondest videogame memories playing MK drunk with friends, continuously bumping in the same wall in Bowser's Castle 64 for 2 minutes and not understanding why I was in last place. "It's unfaaaair!"

Blues1990

Has anyone in the North Vancouver area (or Vancouver area in general) have secured their copy of the game?

I'm just bumping this, as I can't wait any longer. It's frustrating that people are able to get the game early, & I missed out playing the game on Saturday.

Greenymac

I'm drunk and having a fucking blast online

Im gonna need you to stop bragging...I has booze but no MK. No Fair.
Now that I think about it, soon after release of MKWii the first time I reached max VR I was drunker than piss, but I'm a highly functioning alcoholic so.....

Can everyone everywhere do me a small favor and just post false impressions of the game being shitty until Friday?

For some reason, that sounds like it would make the wait easier.

Oh man... I lost my way in the train-station and took the wrong tram twice, I've never been to a city as big aside from twice but in the end I found that Saturn and these two and a half hours were totally worth it! :D

IIGMJzK.jpg

You drunkards have any ideas for an MK drinking game? Like whoever gets <blank> takes a shot, or something?
Apparently one of them is to have everyone grab a drink and set it down before the race begins. You then have to finish the drink before you can finish your 3rd lap, but you can't drink and drive at the same time so you gotta set down your controller or chug it.

Though, I've never tried it and I doubt it's practical to do that more than once or twice in a single night.

Shahadan

You drunkards have any ideas for an MK drinking game? Like whoever gets <blank> takes a shot, or something?

Everytime someone loses a balloon in arena.
Everytime soemone gets hit by a red/green shell.
Everytime someone uses the lightning (even cpu!)
Everytime someone finishes at any place.
Combine all of them for maximum vomit.

Can everyone everywhere do me a small favor and just post false impressions of the game being shitty until Friday?

For some reason, that sounds like it would make the wait easier.

I can tell you true shitty things!
-Rainbow Road 64 is fucking disappointing (but still pretty as fuck)
-New tracks aren't that great.
-Old track selection has way too much 3DS tracks.
-No Dry Bones.
-Battle Mode probably won't please you
-They didn't go as crazy as they should have with the anti grav parts
-Lack of Settings of any kind.
-Music is overshadowed by the ton of sound effects and sometimes barely noticeable, which is a huge shame.

Top Bottom