• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

When you get a character for the first time it comes like in a prize box, when it opens do they say they name?
Becuase I think Baby Rosalina said Baby Estela (her spanish game) when I got her the first time. If thats so its awesome that they localised her name in the voice clips.
Estela>>>>Rosalina

Seems like bikes are overpowered again, but my last six or seven unlocks have also been bikes, so I can't really test that many karts to begin with...

MisterM

Amazon UK is starting to scare me. I used my free month of Prime, for goodness' sake.

You'll probably get a dispatched notice at 10pm or something. That's how prime has worked for me in the past.

I'm waiting for my tracking number from Tesco. That's truely terrifying. They said people would have them by 8pm D:

did you watch the direct comparing Karts and Bikes?

No, but right now I can't really build any kart with the same (superior) handling/drifting in curves as certain bikes. And most people right now with the highest points online also are using the latter solely.

I really hate bikes aesthetically, so I'm hoping there's still some better karts unlockable.

MilesTeg

Banned
Ughh the hype is starting to get to me. About ten hours left...must resist drinking too much before release. I wonder how long this will take to download at midnight...there can't be that many Wii U owners downloading at midnight, right? But on the other hand, slow Nintendo servers...

ffdgh

Ughh the hype is starting to get to me. About ten hours left...must resist drinking too much before release. I wonder how long this will take to download at midnight...there can't be that many Wii U owners downloading at midnight, right? But on the other hand, slow Nintendo servers...

Many will be going digital Lol. I'm hoping it won't be as bad an X and Y's midnight release.

Aesthet1c

I've created a club Nintendo account, and linked it to my Wii U. That's all I need to do prior to buying this game digitally in order to get a free game right?

Just want to make sure I don't miss something.

mekes

Back from work to see the special delivery sitting on the hallway floor, a few grand prix races in and I know I've been wise to buy this game! If you are as old as you feel, I'm playing Mario Kart all night!

No, but right now I can't really build any kart with the same (superior) handling/drifting in curves as certain bikes. And most people right now with the highest points online also are using the latter solely.

I really hate bikes aesthetically, so I'm hoping there's still some better karts unlockable.

you should have watched it. IRL bikes can take a corner better

anyway in the Direct they showed the comparison Karts are faster on straights and bikes are better on curve tracks they both have weaknesses and strengths you can't just pick and choose to cheat just for how it looks in the end a top skilled racer can take a WR using a Kart or a Bike they balance out with skill and knowing how to use them.

you should not say overpowered when the devs took the time to balance them out
go watch that video http://youtu.be/JbuJZP0_8iQ?t=16m46s

DeaviL

Banned
Nope. The
starting characters are

Mario Luigi Peach Daisy
Yoshi Toad Koopa Shy Guy
First row as babies
Bowser DK Wario Waluigi

vader.jpg

Conezays

Many will be going digital Lol. I'm hoping it won't be as bad an X and Y's midnight release.

Luckily for us, that's impossible given the staggering difference between 3DS and Wii U's install base.

Has the download size of the game been revealed?

Robin64

Mount Wario is outstanding. I'm a sucker for longer point-to-point courses anyway, but this one is the best so far.

Birathen

Amazon UK shipped my copy today. To Sweden.. So itll be a 7 day wait if it werent for the fact that Im doubeling down and buying the dd version later tonight aswell :3. You do get two free games then, right? :eek: Not that it matters all that much, I allready own all the games on offer allready but Itll be nice to get Pikmin and W101 on the drive, perhaps Ill actually finish them then. Team tolazytoswitchdiscs vOv

I am at work and cannot fucking concentrate, reading a moron IT Security info and survey that is obligatory.

And now all I can think of is the fart horn and driving through brain twisting tracks, tonight will be fun, I am still figuring what to play to handle the wait.

Didn't see it in the OP, but exactly what time can I download this game on the eshop?

Midnight Eastern or Pacific? Please don't say Pacific.

levyanime

Neo Member
Luckily for us, that's impossible given the staggering difference between 3DS and Wii U's install base.

Has the download size of the game been revealed?

Just checked eShop, it's about 5GB. (4949.8 MB, to be precise)

EDIT: Ninja'd. Guess I should have checked the OP, heh-heh.

Top Bottom