• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Grizzo

I've completely forgotten about Mario Party, only ever played the first one - to the death. If there's online I would buy day 1.

I'm afraid they're not gonna add an online mode to a Mario Party game anytime soon... they didn't do it for the 3DS one that just came out a few months ago.

I wish they would add one. Maybe not for the boards, but like a mini-game mode or something.

I thought my gamepad stick was broken as my cart would only drive left. Spent 5 minutes fiddling with it then realised I'd turned motion controls on on the screen :$

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Daisy/Cyber Slick/Sports Bike. Karts are all crap. I can't even use them without wanting to kill myself. Anything other than inside drifting is useless.

Luckily I don't play boring games like Mario Party.

I'd recommend respeccing into acceleration since the AI scale to speed, so featherweights are actually really useful and you can actually get a lead on them along with recovering from blue shells pretty painlessly. I'm not sure what bike focuses on that alongside inside drift though.

I don't see why boost hopping could possibly be considered a bad thing. It's a simplistic technique that anyone can do. It's not like it's some sort of huge exploit that players need extensive knowledge of the game to perform. *shrug*

javac

Yup. Came first on Cloudtop Cruise. First on Dry Bone dunes and FIRST on Bowsers Castle and oh would you look at that? 6th on Rainbow Shit. I'm done. Fuck Mario kart 8.

Roo

Green shells must have a hidden tracking system. I just know it.
I've read in some game hacking forums that "apparently" they do indeed have a tracking system. Also, their hitbox is twice as big as them so yeah.. We're literally green shell magnets.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've read in some game hacking forums that "apparently" they do indeed have a tracking system. Also, their hitbox is twice as big as them so yeah.. We're literally green shell magnets.

I was gonna say, if nothing else they have a huge hitbox.

Going through Kart withdrawals! Haven't got to play much yesterday and so far today but I'm bout to play for at least a few hours after I eat!

Edit: Nevermind apparently I played around 8 hours yesterday lol a couple of those might've been idle time though. 70 hours in total already I have no life :/

BuzzJive

I jumped in last night with higher speed and lower acceleration. It wasn't pretty, though I did manage 3rd place. Switched that up today and had a pretty decent run - got some 1st places! GAF racing is pretty fierce.

SM239

Man that lightning took away my super horn right before I was going crush the blue shell. Until next time blue shell...

Roo

Can someone remind me the exact name of the Frantic tournament, please?
I'll add to the OP but I need a banner with its name for it.

Top Bottom