• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

A few more thoughts about the game:

-There are way too many red shells. It often feels like there are 3 times as many red shells as there are green shells. It's ridiculous really.

- In the MKTV viewing section of the game, the Miis that are watching the TV react to racers getting hit by shells, etc. It's fantastic.

- As has been said before, I wish that they balanced the characters/carts more. It sucks that there are characters/set ups that just aren't viable. I feel like if I want to win consistently, I need to go super Heavy.

-Bowser's shell looks so good in this game. I always find myself staring at it during the 3-2-1 countdown at the beginning of a race.

I'm still enjoying this game thoroughly, though. I've been playing for hours a day, and it seems like I'll keep it up for a while. I'll get to Pikmin 3 eventually...

spekkeh

Banned

-There are way too many red shells. It often feels like there are 3 times as many red shells as there are green shells. It's ridiculous really.

-Bowser's shell looks so good in this game. I always find myself staring at it during the 3-2-1 countdown at the beginning of a race.

I feel that, especially in more crowded rooms, you are generally at a disadvantage with heavier players, due to constantly getting bumf-ed with items when you're ahead, more so than the older MKs. You need someone with decent acceleration to keep going.

I feel that, especially in more crowded rooms, you are generally at a disadvantage with heavier players, due to constantly getting bumf-ed with items when you're ahead, more so than the older MKs. You need someone with decent acceleration to keep going.

Yeah, so you get a super heavy for high top speed and wheels with good acceleration.

There's a reason why practically everybody who performs really well on a regular basis has a super heavy character, super fast cart/bike, and high acceleration wheels.

spekkeh

Banned
Yeah, so you get a super heavy for high top speed and wheels with good acceleration.

There's a reason why practically everybody who performs really well on a regular basis has a super heavy character, super fast cart/bike, and high acceleration wheels.

I dunno, I'm only at 1300, but find that I place first most with Lakitu.

(but with fast car and tires, so maybe that's the same idea)

Zing

Banned

- In the MKTV viewing section of the game, the Miis that are watching the TV react to racers getting hit by shells, etc. It's fantastic.

- As has been said before, I wish that they balanced the characters/carts more. It sucks that there are characters/set ups that just aren't viable. I feel like if I want to win consistently, I need to go super Heavy.

I'm still enjoying this game thoroughly, though. I've been playing for hours a day, and it seems like I'll keep it up for a while. I'll get to Pikmin 3 eventually...

I've played the game a lot since release and feel there are far fewer red shells than in any other game. I'm not saying either of us are incorrect, but that the chance factor is so large as to create these extreme experiences. In short, we should probably disregard what anyone perceives as an excess or lack of certain items over the span of a few weeks. I doubt the human brain could accurately determine such a thing here anyway.

As for your heavy character comment, I would have agreed with you before a few days ago. Since then, I seem to consistently place well in the gaf tournaments with a small acceleration focused kart.

I suspect that the heavy speed focused karts will do best if you are doing the bunny hop.

Hmmm so I finished all the grand prix races and got the credits.

I guess all that's left is just online multiplayer?

Fun game and its awesome that I got it free with my Wii U

I've played the game a lot since release and feel there are far fewer red shells than in any other game. I'm not saying either of us are incorrect, but that the chance factor is so large as to create these extreme experiences. In short, we should probably disregard what anyone perceives as an excess or lack of certain items over the span of a few weeks. I doubt the human brain could accurately determine such a thing here anyway.

As for your heavy character comment, I would have agreed with you before a few days ago. Since then, I seem to consistently place well in the gaf tournaments with a small acceleration focused kart.

I suspect that the heavy speed focused karts will do best if you are doing the bunny hop.

Can I play what you've been playing? Seriously, I've witnessed 3 individual racers having TRIPLE RED SHELLS at once. And it seems like any time I manage to rack up some sort of lead, the dude behind me gets triple reds to take me out. An item that's MORE than enough to ruin a whole race.

I really don't think anyone should be able to get triple reds in a position higher than 4th, it's just ridiculous and far too generous considering how reds are practically unstoppable in this game. (Especially when you're fed coin items to protect yourself from them)

Nicktendo86

Just had my first try with the Wii pro controller (not the wireless wiiu one, the wired Wii one. Don't have the new one yet) soooo good. Now got three stars on all cups including mirror mode! :D

Ulysses 31

Hmmm so I finished all the grand prix races and got the credits.

I guess all that's left is just online multiplayer?

Fun game and its awesome that I got it free with my Wii U

Finished as in got 3 star ratings? On 150CC/Mirror? If yes there's still all the stamps and kart and parts to unlock if you're into that sotra thing.

Wow, not getting any good items back here. I guess I'll go back to normal for now.

O. Not finding anyone. Welp, GGs everyone for the time being.

Top Bottom