• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

plank

Between MannyToons and Papercuts, I'm slowly beginning to adopt a shoot first response to Waluigis.

The hardest thing about figuring out RR8 on a bike is getting your drifts right. After that it becomes the best stage ever. I love that GAF hates the place though, makes it a no brainer pick for me.

shutuppppppp

Alright how do you you drift RR with a vehicle with horrible handling never mind inward drifting bikes?

Zing

Banned
150cc single player is too damn easy. I can get at least a single star without really trying. I hardly even see the opponents unless I get hit with a blue shell or fall off. It's far to easy overall. I really struggled to get one star in all tracks on MKWii. This 150cc feels like 50cc.

It's obvious and been said before but the character selection just awful. Out of all those characters, only maybe eight are interesting. I guess that's fine since the original MK only had eight, but having so many nonsensical babies and koopa kids that most people don't even know is ridiculous.

I am noticing the 59fps stutter more and more as I play. I hope this gets fixed.

K' Dash

Yesterday I went to buy a Pro Controller by GAF recommendation, sadly there was just white ones, so I went home and tried playing with my Wiimote, this is BY FAR the most comfortable I've played this game since launch, no sore hands, no sore fingers, everything falls into place nicely, I think I'll postpone that pro controller.

150cc single player is too damn easy. I can get at least a single star without really trying. I hardly even see the opponents unless I get hit with a blue shell or fall off. It's far to easy overall. I really struggled to get one star in all tracks on MKWii. This 150cc feels like 50cc.

It's obvious and been said before but the character selection just awful. Out of all those characters, only maybe eight are interesting. I guess that's fine since the original MK only had eight, but having so many nonsensical babies and koopa kids that most people don't even know is ridiculous.

I am noticing the 59fps stutter more and more as I play. I hope this gets fixed.
Just got the game, and haven't unlocked 150cc yet (aside: goddamn beating 50cc is boring when you've played Mario Kart before...), but I like the cast. With the exception of the babies. The babies should be kicked to the curb.
-Elfforkusu, 2014

Regiruler

Since we're on the topic of RR8: It's an OK track. Not good, not great. The turns aren't that hard, really. It's just annoying to be knocked off.

Zing

Banned
Just got the game, and haven't unlocked 150cc yet (aside: goddamn beating 50cc is boring when you've played Mario Kart before...), but I like the cast. With the exception of the babies. The babies should be kicked to the curb.
-Elfforkusu, 2014
150cc is unlocked from the very start, and your ratings in the higher classes are automatically applied to lower classes.

I guess you haven't even played yet.

Tripon

mario-kart-8-toads-turnpike.jpg
Nah, with a full lobby, bumping into somebody so they can crash into a truck is a lot of fun. RR just has too many sharp turns that you can fall off at.

Azure J

Goddamnit Wake, I was right there ready with a horn to go all RULES OF NATURE on Papercuts but noooooooooooooooooooooooo

You just HAD to let that red shell go didn't you

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So is it just me that really craves F-Zero when the thundercloud section of Cloudtop Cruise comes up? That guitar kicking in, the curved metal anti-grav track, the speed as you hit all those boost pads. Hhhhnnnggg.

KU_

Caved in and picked this up from Wal-Mart on my way home from work this morning. Used the promotion to get Wind Waker HD since I never finished through it on GCN. (Stopped during the Tri-Force hunt). Figured I have an extended weekend, so no better time then now to grab it. Will be online tonight in a few hours after the Finals!

Azure J

I need to calm down. I definitely chucked a red shell at Kodoo's Daisy as he whipped out a Bobomb getting caught in the explosion only to think "shit I feel better anyway" lol.

Top Bottom