• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Azure J

Guys, I just made a breakthrough.

I think I figured out how to take the first turn on Rainbow Road consistently without falling off. In an inward-drifting bike.

Oh, my god. This changes everything.

Doesn't it feel awesome when you "get it"?

Protip: You don't drift on reaction to any of the curves on RR8 with the bikes. Also, you want to get as much distance as you can so start from far outside and hold that sucker when you go in.

gogojira

lookin' 4 friends 2 play.

Seriously though, any open groups? I've yet to play this with friends so is it as easy as hopping into a game with someone on your friends list? NNID is gogojira.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Doesn't it feel awesome when you "get it"?

Protip: You don't drift on reaction to any of the curves on RR8 with the bikes. Also, you want to get as much distance as you can so start from far outside and hold that sucker when you go in.

I was starting from the outside. The problem was, I was going from the outside to the inside, just like I do on pretty much every other corner in the game. I realized I should have been staying somewhere in the middle.

mmxzero

1st place gets blue shelled at Wario Stadium and I go from 2nd to to 6 or 7th because a red shell makes me fall off the track, of course. GGs everyone, cant get enough of this game :)

-PXG-

So a red shell went passed me, made a U turn, came back, went behind me and hit me. You can't name this shit up

So a red shell went passed me, made a U turn, came back, went behind me and hit me. You can't name this shit up
The effects of lag. I had a banana peel I was holding at my back and a red shell still hit me.

And oh for fucks sake, now the comm error.

-PXG-

So I run into someone with triple shells. I came to a halt. I then get hit a again. I'm on one of those falling platforms on Grumole Volcano. It starts going down...slowly...I have to wait in order to get back on the track :/

Ughhh

-PXG-

Perfect example. I get lucky because Bowser messes up. I get 1st and stay there. I get a super horn at the last second possible and destroy the blue shell right before it hits me. I'm on a perfect, flawless run. No errors whatsoever. Last lap, at the end, a random green shell hits me. Mind you, besides the one super horn, the game decides to give me nothing but coins. ONLY coins. Just coins the whole race. I end up getting 2nd....

REALLY!?!??!

Top Bottom