• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I've never been more pissed at MK than I have these past few races. Blue shell screws me over toward the end of Toad's Turnpike, doesn't bother showing up when I'm in 2nd on Thwomp Ruins, then nails me the instant I take 1st on the next course. Sometimes I'd be happier if it showed up at least once a race just to be fair.

Nyoro SF

You guys are rotating through almost all of my hated courses right now. Just need a few more like dolphin shoals and rainbow road 8.

Zing

Banned
Sometimes I wonder if anyone at Nintendo actually played the game before shipping it. I just tried battle mode Toad's Turnpike. It was the most boring video game experience I can remember. I think the scores peaked at four, and that was due to random green shells. Who the fuck chose that track to be in battle mode?

Doorman

...I think super-horning a pack of three Donkey Kongs all in one fell swoop might be my new favorite moment since I've first picked up the game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I like how instead of being able to invite friends like some normal online mode you basically have to stalk people.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What an awful run on Rainbow Road. Attempt shortcut, miss track. Drift around corner, bump into someone with triple mushrooms and boost off.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Guys, I just made a breakthrough.

I think I figured out how to take the first turn on Rainbow Road consistently without falling off. In an inward-drifting bike.

Oh, my god. This changes everything.

Think we will see DLC announced this week? Kind of mixed on it. I want more courses of course and OPTIONS, but..dunno how I feel about DLC on Mario kart

Doorman

Think we will see DLC announced this week? Kind of mixed on it. I want more courses of course and OPTIONS, but..dunno how I feel about DLC on Mario kart

I've been thinking about DLC courses...but I'm not really sure how they would go about implementing that. If they were to try and sell new tracks, that would greatly segment the online player-base, since not everybody would have access to those courses. The alternative would be to basically update the game and patch new courses in free for everybody, but what would be the incentive of that right now? Vehicle parts are something they can do since it's easier to handle that on a per-person basis, but they'd better be careful that pay-for kart parts don't break the game's balance.

jnWake

Guys, I just made a breakthrough.

I think I figured out how to take the first turn on Rainbow Road consistently without falling off. In an inward-drifting bike.

Oh, my god. This changes everything.

You need to take some turns wide in RR with inward drifting bikes, otherwise you'll be sucked.

Leunam

Denied Leunam lol that was a lucky shot cause i normaly suck with green shells

Missed this earlier. Yeah that was a good shot. I was looking backwards too because I saw you had it and once my brain started putting the pieces together about what to expect and how to avoid it the green shell was already on its way. I'm surprised I even caught up to you. Still, second place felt good on Mt. Wario.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
You need to take some turns wide in RR with inward drifting bikes, otherwise you'll be sucked.
Yeah. Finally figured out I was trying to take the corner too sharply.

I usually try to take every corner as sharply as possible, and it works well for pretty much every corner except that one.

Top Bottom