• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that pummeling I took in the second half of that race. Much better being toward the front than trying to break through the pack.

And there is the comm error.

Tizoc

tumblr_n6pr5edoLN1rt2c4zo1_400.gif

Ah the good ol' days.

Marlowe89

Missed an item box by a hair's breadth and immediately got blasted with a red shell, then another red shell, then a green shell, then what I think was a super horn, then finally a boomerang. Fucking FIVE HITS. A five hit combo right in the anus. This wasn't even frantic.

I was in 1st. I finished in 10th.

That is some BULLSHIT.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Missed an item box by a hair's breadth and immediately got blasted with a red shell, then another red shell, then a green shell, then what I think was a super horn, then finally a boomerang. Fucking FIVE HITS. A five hit combo right in the anus. This wasn't even frantic.

I was in 1st. I finished in 10th.

That is some BULLSHIT.

I've found that people seem to waste a lot of items on people who are recovering. I mean, I can understand hitting someone a second time, but it gets really excessive and strategically you're better off concentrating your efforts further up the pack than hitting someone who is already down even if they are an easy target.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Perfect example. I get lucky because Bowser messes up. I get 1st and stay there. I get a super horn at the last second possible and destroy the blue shell right before it hits me. I'm on a perfect, flawless run. No errors whatsoever. Last lap, at the end, a random green shell hits me. Mind you, besides the one super horn, the game decides to give me nothing but coins. ONLY coins. Just coins the whole race. I end up getting 2nd....

REALLY!?!??!
You definitely got more than just coins--you hit me with a backwards shot from your boomerang as soon as you passed me.

After I went out-of-bounds, your boomerang caused me to fall even further behind. Then, by the end, I managed to catch up to you enough to hit you with a well-placed green shell.

Had there been no items, I most likely would have won that one, even with the slip-up. I'M the one who should be complaining about the RNG--did you not notice that I was getting in the lead early in pretty much every single race I was in with you, only to get hit by blue/red shells and not be able to recover? I don't mean to get arrogant, but this post kind of ticked me off.

EDIT: On second thought, after watching the replay, looks like I can't blame my screw-up on the Blooper. But I still think I would've won if neither the boomerang nor the green shell had happened--I was going faster than you the whole race.

Top Bottom