• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Dr Prob

Banned
Don't like RR64. Feels as if I have the same race there every time. Go through the opening bit, get a coin, get shot and that pretty much wraps things up. Demoting that track down to shit tier along with GCN Dry Dry Desert.

Deja Vu. 2nd time getting hit by a blue shell in 2nd place as I'm crossing the finish line on Rainbow Road 64. That's an oddly specific thing to happen twice in one session o.o

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Soo

Anyone else having major problems with off-tv play after latest system update? Major Stutter/lag

I've tried googling all around for possible fixes, with no luck, and at this point I'm suspecting my console could be bugged or something

could redownloading the title or moving it from the external hdd to the flash drive possibly fix something like this? And can I do that while keeping my save?

chrono01

I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

In Water Park, if you progress through the course until you reach the merry-go-round and sit in the center of it, after a while the theme for the course lowers and you begin hearing the theme for "Big Boo's Merry-Go-Round" from Super Mario 64.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioLQfWDjc1s

It can a little hard to hear, but it's definitely there. I wonder what other little surprises Nintendo has in this game...

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Soo

Anyone else having major problems with off-tv play after latest system update? Major Stutter/lag

I've tried googling all around for possible fixes, with no luck, and at this point I'm suspecting my console could be bugged or something

could redownloading the title or moving it from the external hdd to the flash drive possibly fix something like this? And can I do that while keeping my save?
No such issue on my side, does it only do that in this game?

ShivUK

Soo

I get this sometimes. Usually if I've been moving my system around. The stutter can be triggered by just moving the gamepad around a bit in the air.

The fix for me has always been to switch off, unplug the console for a while (10 seconds or more) plug back in and turn on again from the gamepad.

I found the fix on the Nintendo site after encountering the problem pretty soon after getting the console even though I was sitting about 3 feet away from the console.

Not sure what this does, but it definitely works for me and is part of the reason I always leave my Wii U in standby.

Roo

Don't like RR64. Feels as if I have the same race there every time. Go through the opening bit, get a coin, get shot and that pretty much wraps things up. Demoting that track down to shit tier along with GCN Dry Dry Desert.

I always do terribly at Dry Dry Desert.
I've tried different combos and for the life of me I always end up in the dark sand/off road in the Pokies section.. then everyone hits me with items and there goes my chance.
I swear those curves are too tight for any decent drifting.
That and the oasis part feels so fucking slow its not even funny.

sasimirobot

I suck, I really really suck at this game. If you see a dude in last place named "Rumus" that would be me...

I'm getting old or something, but when a game is still fun when you always lose then that says a lot. I wish there were a few more tracks, DLC maybe, anybody know?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I felt in love with Wii wheel controls. There is a tactile feeling in this set up that is just too good ignore.

Dr Prob

Banned
(That WAS you, right?)

Yeah. Was like
o03zrgs.jpg

Also: GOOD JOB INCITE!

Gattuso

getting pushed off made for an impossible recovery
edit: did that banana actually just bounce back and hit someone nearing the second lap?

Exentryk

I like these races. We are all so close that it can go all 4 way. Getting coins don't help tho.

EDIT - That was your banana?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
God damn gaf I let my wife and friend have a crack at the neogaf tourney as beginners. They unsurprisingly came 12thso I said 'give it hear noobs' and promptly came 12th on the royal race way which is one of my best tracks :(

Top Bottom