• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
God damn gaf I let my wife and friend have a crack at the neogaf tourney as beginners. They unsurprisingly came 12thso I said 'give it hear noobs' and promptly came 12th on the royal race way which is one of my best tracks :(
What were their reactions?

Luigi's 2 Fast 2 Furious

DisguisedTangibleLaughingthrush.gif

Online is the only way to go when playing Mario Kart 8. The computer players in 150 cc are way too cheap. The heavy weights (well all of the weights really) don't suffer any kind of acceleration penalties, so they can bounce into a wall or something else and are instantly back at full speed. The ink has no effect on the computer either and should be removed from anything but online play. The rubber banding is ultra high making it impossible to distance the computer on flawless runs - probably my biggest gripe. Loving the game, but if you wanna play an honest race, stick to online. 100 cc grand prix is not fast enough, or it might be fun to chill in that instead of 150.

Exentryk

Come on, B Justice. 3 reds in 2nd in a 1v1? =/

EDIT - Anyway. I'll take a break too now that everyone has left. Great games, guys.

Yagharek

Online is the only way to go when playing Mario Kart 8. The computer players in 150 cc are way too cheap. The heavy weights (well all of the weights really) don't suffer any kind of acceleration penalties, so they can bounce into a wall or something else and are instantly back at full speed. The ink has no effect on the computer either and should be removed from anything but online play. The rubber banding is ultra high making it impossible to distance the computer on flawless runs - probably my biggest gripe. Loving the game, but if you wanna play an honest race, stick to online. 100 cc grand prix is not fast enough, or it might be fun to chill in that instead of 150.

150cc is broken like an EA game. Fucking pisses me off.

cacildo

see if you can help me here:

i have a 1 star rank in one of the cups

then i decide to play it again, finish it all in first place to get a three star ranking

after its all done... my rank simply dosent change

what do i need to do?

After playing with GAF, 150cc computer is easy cakes in comparison.

mf luder

I just won the last 2 cups on 100cc and the credits rolled and I got new character and part but its as if I haven't played them as its just blank where the cups and 3 stars should be, anyone else have this problem? Glitch?

cacildo

I just won the last 2 cups on 100cc and the credits rolled and I got new character and part but its as if I haven't played them as its just blank where the cups and 3 stars should be, anyone else have this problem? Glitch?

Well, i just posted above: re-playing a cup didnt update my number of stars....

Maybe it is a glitch... or maybe your rank is decided when you first finish the cup and stays like this forever.

mf luder

Well, i just posted above: re-playing a cup didnt update my number of stars....

Maybe it is a glitch... or maybe your rank is decided when you first finish the cup and stays like this forever.

It was the first time I played them and it gave me no rank whatsoever for the special cup and the last retro cup, strange.

DaBoss

I want to believe.

That 3D World dino thing is not something I would expect a faker do, but maybe the faker knew that.

The renders look consistent as well. They should have taken a pic when the new characters selected to make it believable.

RiggyRob

Problem with that pic (aside from it being an obvious fake) is that I don't see E.Gadd getting in over a different Mario series character. Plessie's an unusual choice too. Has Kamek actually even appeared in a Mario Kart game?

Problem with that pic (aside from it being an obvious fake) is that I don't see E.Gadd getting in over a different Mario series character.

this is the same game where they thought it was a good idea to have half a dozen babies and ColorVariantPeach, I don't want to try and make sense of their character selection

Kamek render is suspiciously similar to this one from Mario Party 9 with altered shading. E. Gadd looks off too. Even though it generally looks decent, menus aren't hard to fake.

Ulysses 31

Problem with that pic (aside from it being an obvious fake) is that I don't see E.Gadd getting in over a different Mario series character. Plessie's an unusual choice too. Has Kamek actually even appeared in a Mario Kart game?

How is it an obvious fake just by merely looking at it besides your personal new character preferences?

jts

...hate me...
In a beta, but then he got sacked.

tumblr_l1s9xjBFcK1qbj9xwo1_r1_500.png

n64coder

Still waiting for my pre-order copy of MK8 to arrive. F'ing Newegg free shipping. Tracking shows that it was tendered from DHL to USPS 6 days ago. Maybe I'll get it this week.

I really don't think they'd purposely withhold characters and modes from the game and announce them so soon after release. The Mario Golf DLC is a bit strange because the actual game was cheaper than normal and the NSMB course packs wouldn't take too long but showing DLC this early kind of comes off as a dick move. I know this isn't exactly rare nowadays but it would be strange for Nintendo.

DaBoss

I think the biggest thing that screams fake is that they put other game modes lol...

And there is no coin runner.
I really don't think they'd purposely withhold characters and modes from the game and announce them so soon after release. The Mario Golf DLC is a bit strange because the actual game was cheaper than normal and the NSMB course packs wouldn't take too long but showing DLC this early kind of comes off as a dick move. I know this isn't exactly rare nowadays but it would be strange for Nintendo.
Not really withholding if they didn't finish the characters or worked on it post-release.

I think the biggest thing that screams fake is that they put other game modes lol...

And there is no coin runner.

Not really withholding if they didn't finish the characters or worked on it post-release.

Yeah but there's quite a lot of extras there which would mean it was likely that they had it ready to show in advance. If it was just characters then it could be possible.

Personally, I would prefer new tracks but I can wait.

The novelty of racing as Plessie would be something to behold, still It looks pretty fake, Diddy Kong and Gadd in particular don't look quite right, in Diddy's case the head shot seems too familiar to some of Tropical Freeze's promo renders.

E Gadd was planned to be a racer in MKDS. Kamek was planned as a racer in MK64

Top Bottom