• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just need Baby Park to return.

Please. I must experience that hot mess with 12 players.

And it would make a great battle course in the currently shitty battle mode.
Baby Park with green shells only would be glorious.

Grizzo

It's friends only so you have to create your own room and invite people in.

Once you have it set up I believe that you hit the "-" button to activate the mic and start chatting.

Edit: Also, it's lobbies only so no chatting during races.

That's probably for the best though, I would have been permabanned long ago for some of the obscenities I've hurled during races :{

my thoughts exactly to be honest, haha. that would be so messy.

Biochet

I'll be there don't worry honeybuns.

later tho, like after 9 hours when all conferences are done and I get my preorders in and shit.

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

I just CAN'T get in 1st in Dolphin Shoals 150cc. Probably my least favorite track of the game (despite the amazing music and visuals).

It's friends only so you have to create your own room and invite people in.

Once you have it set up I believe that you hit the "-" button to activate the mic and start chatting.

Edit: Also, it's lobbies only so no chatting during races.

That's probably for the best though, I would have been permabanned long ago for some of the obscenities I've hurled during races :{

If I'm in a room with friends and non-friends, I can still talk to the friends though right?

If I'm in a room with friends and non-friends, I can still talk to the friends though right?
I'm not sure what would happen if someone joined one of your friends in your room or if that's even possible. There have been several times where I've tried to join someone and got a message telling me that I couldn't and found out later they were in a private tournament.

In a public room you can't chat with anyone, even your friends :(

Just the usual pre-typed message that I wish Nintendo would at least update or allow people to edit.

ohlawd

what's Peach's weight class? What the fuck is a cruiserweight?

I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One but I still love watching them all, especially when they flop like EA's...whatever the hell that was.

EA's was so so so bad but I'll still pick up some of their shit like Mirror's Edge and.... Sims. Yes, Sims. FUCK YEAH SIMS. Star Wars Battlefront too gon get dat joint

I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One but I still love watching them all, especially when they flop like EA's...whatever the hell that was.
EA showed me Battlefront and Ioved what I saw, but other than that it was very "meh". I'm a PS4 owner and am really looking forward to their conference, but I definitely get most hyped about Nintendo. Especially when Smash Bros and a new Zelda are being shown.

Also, Mario Kart DLC? Yes, please.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
what's Peach's weight class? What the fuck is a cruiserweight?

I don't know where the term cruiser came from, but it is above "medium" and below "heavy." Rosalina, Waluigi, and DK fit in it. And maybe one or two Koopalings.

Peach is above "light" but below "medium" along with Daisy, Yoshi, and a Koopaling or two.

javac

EA's was so so so bad but I'll still pick up some of their shit like Mirror's Edge and.... Sims. Yes, Sims. FUCK YEAH SIMS

Yeah the problem is the good stuff looks really super early really. Nothing to show at all. Also when you get The Sims..try not to die of laughter okay? :p

ohlawd

I don't know where the term cruiser came from, but it is above "medium" and below "heavy." Rosalina, Waluigi, and DK fit in it. And maybe one or two Koopalings.

Peach is above "light" but below "medium" along with Daisy, Yoshi, and a Koopaling or two.
yo is DK not in the same class as Bowser and stuff? WAT?

so 5 classes?

light
blah
medium
cruiser
heavy

my waifu Peach falls into the blah category. no wonder Peach gets smacked by Rosie; two classes ahead.

ffdgh

so 5 classes?

light
blah
medium
cruiser
heavy

my waifu Peach falls into the blah category. no wonder Peach gets smacked by Rosie; two classes ahead.

Add baby+ lemmy below light and add metal between cruiser and heavy.

Also Peach will be fine as always <3

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

so 5 classes?

light
blah
medium
cruiser
heavy

There's a featherweight before light and metal mario/pink gold peach are in their own heavier than cruiser but not heavyweight class.

But yeah, DK, Waluigi, and Rosalina are somehow the same weight. Wario weighs more than goddamned Donkey Kong.

Just got a blue shell in 3rd. O_O

I've been getting some incredibly unfair items in 2nd and 3rd lately. I have no idea what's going on with the item whee anymore. Lightning in 3rd, coins in 9th... Nintendo plz.
lol these weight classes I give up.

gets very annoying getting smacked though. Can't deny that.
I just use the babies in the GAF tourney now so I no longer have to think about weight classes... or winning :(

I've received 1 star at 53 points, and 2 stars at 60 points.

I'm pretty sure the game calculates your "performance" to a degree as well as your score.

In other words, if you want 3 stars, avoid going off-road without some kind of speed boost, don't drive into any stationary banana peels, or run into any course hazards.

At least, I'm pretty sure that stuff was a factor in MKW and MK7.

Weird, I've never gotten 60 points without getting 3 stars. I think the official guide also contradicts this.

ohlawd

I just use the babies in the GAF tourney now so I no longer have to think about weight classes... or winning :(

like for instance, I dread the start of Royal Raceway on the first lap. No point trying to get those coins because some fucker will bump into me, get those coins instead and push me offtrack.

like for instance, I dread the start of Royal Raceway on the first lap. No point trying to get those coins because some fucker will bump into me, get those coins instead and push me offtrack.

A few days ago I just started hanging back at the beginning of the races. There's no point in getting caught up in the shooting gallery that breaks out after the first set of boxes and it's pretty easy to catch back up during laps two and three. Tons of coins to catch respawning back there too.
Yeah seriously. Even the slightest tap bumps lighter characters very far too the side. It's so obnoxious.
There was someone in my races yesterday who seemed to think it was entertaining to just follow me everywhere on the track and bump poor baby Daisy into oblivion. I knew that was the danger in picking her though.

ffdgh

A few days ago I just started hanging back at the beginning of the races. There's no point in getting caught up in the shooting gallery that breaks out after the first set of boxes and it's pretty easy to catch back up during laps two and three. Tons of coins to catch respawning back there too.

There was someone in my races yesterday who seemed to think it was entertaining to just follow me everywhere on the track and bump poor baby Daisy into oblivion. I knew that was the danger in picking her though.

Makes me miss the non extreme bumps in 7. Heavys were heavy but not THAT heavy even with the monster spam lol.

Time for some Baby peach action.

Top Bottom